Hey @PinkyNotTheBrain this faucet seems to still have a slow stream even when I turn it off as tight as it goes, so what do I need to wrench on here to make sure that when I turn the handle to off it actually turns off?

image.jpg

I’ve tried everything trap wise and still can’t catch anything. Still have traditional traps around grow room baited with pb and cheese. You’re probably right about the glue boards. I’ll remove them here coming up and sprinkle more cayenne in their place. This mouse is a smart little turd.
He’s giving me high anxiety.
I usually get a few mice this time of year that get in looking for a warm place to winter. I use traditional wooden traps. I use peanut butter to stick seeds onto the trigger. They can't resist sunflower seeds or flax seeds. I used to get big rats, but I fixed the areas where they were getting in with cement and stucco mesh, and upgraded a rotten wood-frame basement window to a new vinyl window.

Cucumbers getting planted tomorrow! Filled up 4x 7gal pots and my 5 earthbox juniors with soil earlier and gave em a good watering so i can plant these up tomorrow! Killer roots going on with these! :headbang:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Greetings, fam!

Just a quick update that I am still kicking about...

I fully intend to start growing again soon, but for now it just is not in the cards. I have enough green dragon to subdue a small army, so in a sense I don't really NEED to grow, which is actually a really cool thing the way things are these days.

While I cannot do any gardening work, in it's stead I am back to one of the few other things I am fairly competent at... Customizing and engineering PCs...

Recently, my windows PC fell over. I had to re-purpose my lab machine for use to support my day job. It runs Linux, and specifically MINT 21.3...

Been futzing with it for a few weeks now, and it is pretty livable. In fact, if I am being honest I do not miss windows at all.

Behold:

View attachment 1713999

If you're curios, the gauges on the right are, from top to bottom, 1 TB m.2 boot drive, 10 TB RAID, 1 TB SSD shared with the Windows install for when I have no choice but to use that. At the very bottom is the system RAM.

You might notice an emphasis on AI, but a not-so-good GPU to do the work. I have been having a lot of fun using locally hosted AI stuff. Could do without some tech company spying on what I am doing. I am replacing the current video card soon, if for no other reason one of it's cooling fans literally fell off and is resting on the power supply at the bottom of the case... When I can spare the bread, I am going to get a pretty decent replacement.

In the insanely rare chance that someone wants to turn a MINT 21.3 PC into a very potent local AI toolchest, I have a script that will build it from scratch from a fresh install...

Forgive me the geek-out rant... Had to share this stuff with someone! :pass:

Peace
I ditched windows a few years back, been running Ubuntu Linux (free open-source operating system).

Ive had some mice go for peanut butter and some go for jelly. Try both but just put a little bit.
Mice are clever. They can take things without activating the trap.

PB works great. It sticks to the trigger so they can't steal it without, you know, *Snap!*

That's a great idea using the PB to stick seeds on. I'm definitely going to do that next time.

Hey @PinkyNotTheBrain this faucet seems to still have a slow stream even when I turn it off as tight as it goes, so what do I need to wrench on here to make sure that when I turn the handle to off it actually turns off?

View attachment 1714003
U can try to very slowly turn the center screw loose only about an eighth of a turn while you hold the handle steady with your other hand. U want to turn the screw just enough to get a small separation from the handle. Then pull the handle out towards u filling the space u made when loosening the screw. Then while pulling the handle out towards you tighten the screw. If theres a packing nut and its just rust stopping it that should fix it. If its not that its the gate is rusted out or broken and will have to be replaced.

Back