@JP1 Yeah I’ve always just used the wooden Victor traps baited with pb or cheese. If it were just a mouse or few in the house I’d just keep resetting them until the mice got big enough to trip the trigger.
Out in the grow room they’re not taking any bait from the traps.
I know they’re there I’ve seen them.
It’s definitely a mouse digging up the seeds and shelling them.
5 years growing out there and never had a problem. I’ll keep the bait stations in the garage now on.
Ive had some mice go for peanut butter and some go for jelly. Try both but just put a little bit.

I still like the weed idea better that way if he doesn't trap them maybe he'll make friends with them and they can work this out over a joint :doh::pass::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I like this idea…. That it’s just an angsty teenage mouse that’s pissed at his asshole mouse dad…and has resorted to vandalizing the neighbors property, for attention and what not. In the end, all he needed was someone to listen to his mouse problems, over a nice joint. This some real after school special shit, right here :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::pass:

I’ve tried everything trap wise and still can’t catch anything. Still have traditional traps around grow room baited with pb and cheese. You’re probably right about the glue boards. I’ll remove them here coming up and sprinkle more cayenne in their place. This mouse is a smart little turd.
He’s giving me high anxiety.
1729726462800.png

These are the best traps. Spring is extra strong, and the teeth work.

Best bait for rats is bacon, or chicken skin.

Nutella also works well.

Greetings, fam!

Just a quick update that I am still kicking about...

I fully intend to start growing again soon, but for now it just is not in the cards. I have enough green dragon to subdue a small army, so in a sense I don't really NEED to grow, which is actually a really cool thing the way things are these days.

While I cannot do any gardening work, in it's stead I am back to one of the few other things I am fairly competent at... Customizing and engineering PCs...

Recently, my windows PC fell over. I had to re-purpose my lab machine for use to support my day job. It runs Linux, and specifically MINT 21.3...

Been futzing with it for a few weeks now, and it is pretty livable. In fact, if I am being honest I do not miss windows at all.

Behold:

Desktop_2024-10-23.png

If you're curios, the gauges on the right are, from top to bottom, 1 TB m.2 boot drive, 10 TB RAID, 1 TB SSD shared with the Windows install for when I have no choice but to use that. At the very bottom is the system RAM.

You might notice an emphasis on AI, but a not-so-good GPU to do the work. I have been having a lot of fun using locally hosted AI stuff. Could do without some tech company spying on what I am doing. I am replacing the current video card soon, if for no other reason one of it's cooling fans literally fell off and is resting on the power supply at the bottom of the case... When I can spare the bread, I am going to get a pretty decent replacement.

In the insanely rare chance that someone wants to turn a MINT 21.3 PC into a very potent local AI toolchest, I have a script that will build it from scratch from a fresh install...

Forgive me the geek-out rant... Had to share this stuff with someone! :pass:

Peace

Back