My guts were a mess in July after 2 weeks of antibiotics. It took a while to re-establish a healthy gut biome. The doctor recommended yogurt and over-the-counter probiotics, but the best thing I found is Kefir. It's a cultured milk drink, close cousin to yogurt. I found it in my discount supermarket for about $4 a quart.
Kefir is great!

Good Morfnoevight All! EO'n'Dabs,

Glad the storm skirted south of you Bill.

@PinkyNotTheBrain That is some fantastic news.:bighug:

I agree you should eat things that favor your gut biome. All of the probiotic foods: live yogurt, fermented pickles, sauerkraut, Kefir and you should also use soluble and insoluble fiber. Eat raw vegetables like carrots, broccoli and cabbage. Soluble fiber is found in oat bran, barley, nuts, seeds, beans, lentils, peas, and some fruits and vegetables. It is also found in psyllium, a common fiber supplement. Some types of soluble fiber may help lower risk of heart disease. Insoluble fiber is found in foods such as wheat bran, vegetables, and whole grains.

Mix some clover honey with your yogurt, it helps the good microbes pass through the small intestines and reach the large ones.

Last night we had ham and cheese quesadillas for dinner. Ms. MOG got home late. Then a hornet got in the house while I was cooking them. It landed on the kitchen light fixture above my head:yoinks: I am allergic and we are both afraid of them. After trying to get it to fly toward the outside light for 10 minutes (seemed longer) Ms. MOG got on a ladder and swatted it, it stuck to the swatter that she threw out the door. Drama over the quesadillas were getting cold so no pictures.

Breakfast this morning: Pork chops, hashbrowns and egg, Mango, yogurt, mycelium, granola and blueberries. A long black espresso - so good!

IMG_20241010_092808205.jpg

Dr. Just called and said there's no sign of infection... No more antibiotics!
party.gif
party.gif
party.gif
party.gif
party.gif
party.gif

It looks like Summer is finally over, we had 61 days over 100°F. The future summers are forecast to get hotter :cuss:

2024-10-10_12-33-56.jpg

Ms. MOG is decorating today

IMG_20241010_112846675.jpg

She has a few Halloween decorations :rofl: :rofl: :crying: :crying:

Good Morfnoevight All! EO'n'Dabs,

Glad the storm skirted south of you Bill.

@PinkyNotTheBrain That is some fantastic news.:bighug:

I agree you should eat things that favor your gut biome. All of the probiotic foods: live yogurt, fermented pickles, sauerkraut, Kefir and you should also use soluble and insoluble fiber. Eat raw vegetables like carrots, broccoli and cabbage. Soluble fiber is found in oat bran, barley, nuts, seeds, beans, lentils, peas, and some fruits and vegetables. It is also found in psyllium, a common fiber supplement. Some types of soluble fiber may help lower risk of heart disease. Insoluble fiber is found in foods such as wheat bran, vegetables, and whole grains.

Mix some clover honey with your yogurt, it helps the good microbes pass through the small intestines and reach the large ones.

Last night we had ham and cheese quesadillas for dinner. Ms. MOG got home late. Then a hornet got in the house while I was cooking them. It landed on the kitchen light fixture above my head:yoinks: I am allergic and we are both afraid of them. After trying to get it to fly toward the outside light for 10 minutes (seemed longer) Ms. MOG got on a ladder and swatted it, it stuck to the swatter that she threw out the door. Drama over the quesadillas were getting cold so no pictures.

Breakfast this morning: Pork chops, hashbrowns and egg, Mango, yogurt, mycelium, granola and blueberries. A long black espresso - so good!

View attachment 1711629

View attachment 1711630View attachment 1711630View attachment 1711630View attachment 1711630View attachment 1711630View attachment 1711630

It looks like Summer is finally over, we had 61 days over 100°F. The future summers are forecast to get hotter :cuss:

View attachment 1711631

Ms. MOG is decorating today

View attachment 1711628

She has a few Halloween decorations :rofl: :rofl: :crying: :crying:
Did you see the post I tagged you in about fogo charcoal?

Back