200w (9).gif
. #PotsHot ......:pass:

Morning Kittens. :coffee2: Was up an hour ago checking the storm, damn protector mode has switched on and gonna be a rough couple days trying to get sleep. Wife buying into the fear hype and bugging so I gotta break out the generator...."JUST IN CASE" Funny how wife's can just put stuff off and decide they don't really need it if it's their asses having to do the work but have no problem expending our energy on so many maybe's.
I lived in South Miami and Fart Louderdale in the 70's, where the highest elevation above sea level is 10 feet. They haven't had a 20 foot storm surge there since before it was built up with condos and high-rise buildings. I guess in the center of the state you're on higher ground, so don't have to worry about flooding or storm surge? The deadliest U.S. hurricane so far killed 2,500 people in central Florida. In 1928, when 145 mph winds blew the 730 square miles of water of Lake Okechobee to the north end of the lake. After the eye passed over, all that water sloshed back to the south end of the lake as a 20 foot wave, wiping out several towns south of the lake. Now there's a 20' dike around the lake, so that "can't happen again." I hope you and the Mrs will weather this storm without calamity.

I lived in South Miami and Fart Louderdale in the 70's, where the highest elevation above sea level is 10 feet. They haven't had a 20 foot storm surge there since before it was built up with condos and high-rise buildings. I guess in the center of the state you're on higher ground, so don't have to worry about flooding or storm surge? The deadliest U.S. hurricane so far killed 2,500 people in central Florida. In 1928, when 145 mph winds blew the 730 square miles of water of Lake Okechobee to the north end of the lake. After the eye passed over, all that water sloshed back to the south end of the lake as a 20 foot wave, wiping out several towns south of the lake. Now there's a 20' dike around the lake, so that "can't happen again." I hope you and the Mrs will weather this storm without calamity.
Tampa /st. pete area is around 45 ft above, in my area we well above 100ft above and all the trees damp it down before they hit us.

Tampa /st. pete area is around 45 ft above, in my area we well above 100ft above and all the trees damp it down before they hit us.
Isnt some of Tampa real close? Like 8-10 ft above the channels? I know all those super nice hotels in the Madeira beach area are in trouble…

Isnt some of Tampa real close? Like 8-10 ft above the channels? I know all those super nice hotels in the Madeira beach area are in trouble…
Oh yeah, the whole bay area...tampa / st.pete / clearwater sea level to at most 60 in some of clearwater.

edit : on top of the surge it'll be heading towards high tide around 1am I think so there's another foot or two........Florida natives are dialed in on what to expect. ........Florida Man on the other hand is gonna be an idiot 24/7 so maybe we can shed a few of those critters.

Last edited:
Got most the plants up on the porch, gonna go have a smoke and see what else I can start in on. Got my paracord out last night so I'm ready for last stage tie downs.

Back