Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you know the answer maybe not answering the question comes off a little douchy………. So.
You’ve asked the same question all over the forum….and argued with most folks that replied. Not sure what you’re looking for, friend. If you’re looking for someone to tell you it is wetting agent…..it may be, but not what it’s designed for. Go give it a try if you must know.

You’ve asked the same question all over the forum….and argued with most folks that replied. Not sure what you’re looking for, friend. If you’re looking for someone to tell you it is wetting agent…..it may be, but not what it’s designed for. Go give it a try if you must know.
I just want to know if i need both

I think he’s trying to sell it.
78E68A67-181E-4E4A-B135-D40F6598BF89.jpeg

I just want to know if i need both

If you are using it as part of your regular feeding, then you probably do not need an additional wetting agent.

Detergents are chemicals that bind/trap/absorb other particles for cleaning. Surfactants are chemicals that reduce the surface tension of water.

Detergents also have surfactant properties. I.e., all detergents are surfactants. Not all surfactants are detergents.

For grow applications, when we need a wetting agent, we normally look for nonionic surfactants that do not provide plant nutrients or otherwise affect overall plant nutrient balances. Detergents are usually ionic or pH-based and can impact nutrient balances. However, if you are using a detergent for other reasons and incorporating it into your normal feed, it will also function as a wetting agent to a degree.

If you are using it as part of your regular feeding, then you probably do not need an additional wetting agent.

Detergents are chemicals that bind/trap/absorb other particles for cleaning. Surfactants are chemicals that reduce the surface tension of water.

Detergents also have surfactant properties. I.e., all detergents are surfactants. Not all surfactants are detergents.

For grow applications, when we need a wetting agent, we normally look for nonionic surfactants that do not provide plant nutrients or otherwise affect overall plant nutrient balances. Detergents are usually ionic or pH-based and can impact nutrient balances. However, if you are using a detergent for other reasons and incorporating it into your normal feed, it will also function as a wetting agent to a degree.
Thanks, its a anionic

Last edited:
Lol speaking of beets I grew some for first time... pretty easy.. here’s the first one picked
View attachment 1374957

Apparently the leaves are like real high in iron so I’ll be growing a bunch more for my compost bin
With beets I think they say the greens are more nutritious than the root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back