Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waking up and logging into AFN like
Screenshot_20211211-110756_Chrome.jpg

:rofl:

Thanks @Mossy!!!

By your posts, it looks like you live in Spain? If you don't mind me asking and not to get too specific, what part of Spain are you in?

Love it there and looked into moving outside of Barcelona to the north and in between San Sebastian and Bilbao.

Really? I though mainlining would double my yield?
Its more art than science in my opinion. If she is a small (that is relative I grow in ten gallons) I leave it natural and just do a little LST. If she is decent size I will top once and LST. If she is an unruly monster I will top twice. I have not toped twice many times.. BNC Powerplant, Daquiri Lime, Moby Dick(mainly just the XXL strains)

Either way training is not magic and doubling your yield does not work that way unless you are growing in a very small pot. I think that in solo cups yes it can double, but that is not going to scale. I am not going to double yield by mainline and auto. Now I grow photos and I can double those easy just veg longer and when you mainline photos you veg out longer for recovery. The mainlining helps some but the big driver is longer veg time. You take veg from 30 days to 60 in a big enough container and it is an instant double. The rest below is for autos.

As far as yield , like suki said depends on what you are going for. I think a sea of green works a little better if you can pull it off, but topping and training gives you those bigger prettier buds with more bag appeal. I do not sea of green as I grow to many different strains on a rotation.

As far as I have found outside of xxl strains (their genetics make them big not magic training) I push 3 1/2-4oz on autos regardless of how I train them. Now when I LST and "lay her flat" as I call it I get a denser more resinous bud and that is what I am going for. I also cut all branches on the bottom third of the plant after stretch as I want zero popcorn or have to come up with uses for it.

That is kind of my plateau for my current grow style with my environment. I am in living soil now because I believe it is a better product (no science just my rumblings), but if I went back to coco with mega crop I would be 4/12- 6 oz a plant range based more on on how much I watered and that is in 3 gallon pots.

Light is a factor of yield as well but I can tell you I was growing for a year in one corner with a Kind LED that pulled 300 watts from the wall the plants more or less were all in that range except a few outliers. The other plants under two auto cobs with a 110 watts were in the same range. Now the Kind had better density but honestly it is not enough for using triple the power in my opinion.

Now the science guys might jump in here and tell you that is wrong and the science says this or that. I have ran numerous test and comparisons and you get 300-400 plants under your belt and you can see it. At day 21 I know what will work with that plant just on size and structure.

With all that said my very longwinded response to your question was there are better ways to increase yield than training if that is what you really need. 1. Genetics 2. Growstyle 3. Light 4. Training.

My apologies to anyone who read through this whole damn diatribe. I am pretty sure this is a sign I am getting old.

In my defense I am so fucking baked this morning and it felt like a good time to get on the soapbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back