Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
For on the go vaping that's SIMPLE, that sure looks good!
Anyone used hash in this vape? Is hash considered dry herb? If I could put little chunks of hash in those ArGo Glass Aroma Tubes I'd ask Santa!
You can. Just gotta put flower on both sides of the hash or it totally gums up the glass screen and it's a pain in the ass to get out and clean

Speaking of wife, she is wrapping Christmas presents and has that damn yule log tv channel on with elevator Christmas music. About to fall asleep! Need a pick me up!

Sux this band never got the recognition they deserved!!! Unbridled rock n roll in it's purest form. The MC5 and The Stooges in one band!!!!!!!

Well, I think I dodged a bullet with my transmission. Did a final clean on the pan and stock reusable gasket. Drained out four quarts after measuring it in an old jug. Torqued all the pan bolts to 15ft/lbs. and replace the fluid.
MUCH better shifting and no shudder with converter lock up in OD and quicker engagement when going from park to reverse or drive.
Ford thing and a tip for those with older(2008 and older) 4R70W and 4R75W transmissions. In 2009, Ford changed the fluid from Mercon V to Mercon LV. Ford dealers will tell you they are interchangeable and Mercon LV supersedes Mercon V. That may be so, but the Mercon LV is full synthetic. That would be a great thing, except for one pretty big thing. On a high mileage transmission that's even well maintained, could stop functioning well and start slipping. The synthetic fluid will clean away deposits anywhere in the tranny. You may think that is excellent, but those deposits could be what's sealing the valvebody and other things. It could also clean all the bands and remove that material that was letting the bands 'grip' effectively as it was.
I deviated from always using Ford transmission fluid and bought a major brand that conforms to the older dino based oil for this particular street car to avoid the cleaning effect of a synthetic.
Now a purpose built race transmission is a totally different thing. I've used some very highly specialized transmission fluids in track only 200mph 1/4 mile monsters/ One transmission builder in Cali had fluid speced specifically for his builds by a well-known fluid specialty company. With the extremely high temps, shear forces and pressures these transmissions are put thru, fluid life is ptetty short. This company added a very prominate sorta cherry scent to the fluid. When the scent fades, it was time to change the fluid. It worked very well. The first of his transmissions held up and entire season with no performance decline, we actually kept breaking our best times that year with almost every trip out. That's including a ton of test N tune sessions at the local track. I took the transmission back to him during the off season and he let me be watch him disassemble it and examine the parts afterwards. I was amazed at the wear for a full season of beating on it. We examined key parts for stress cracks and he just basically replaced the normal wear parts and it was good to go. I had that tranny for three seasons and we never had a transmission failure. Needless to say, it was not a cheap transmission. Just the transmission was $7500 10 yrs ago. I had a connection with a well known converter guru, so we got a pretty good deal on them with use doing some testing for him. Still cost $3500 back then, but it was top racing tech then.

Anyway, I iz happy! :woohoo:LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back