Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I didn't get it sent in time. :vibe:
Starting to fill in a bit lol. Hubs said enough was enough, and I needed more space lmfao.

20211124230931736.jpg

weird, but, sadly, all too true. I look at it like this. When I was two years old, a week would have been ~~1/50th of my entire life experience. These days, a week is ~~1/4000 of my life experience. If we judge time by comparing to how much we have already experienced, time now travels thousands of times the speed it did when us oldsters were kids.

OTOH, most stoners forget most of what they experienced, so maybe things go slower the more you toke. Another reason to toke perhaps? :biggrin:
Ok.

Going to a friend's house for Thanksgiving and some of this pork loin is going with me.
Only an hour into cooking at just under 250*F. Smoking wood is pecan and mesquite.

This is the least I've ever smoked at one time ever in my life. It's only 14lbs.
Normally I smoke two full loins, at least two pork butts and and 4 racks of full ribs..........I don't do babybacks or other cuts.
I think I'll run to town and get a couple chickens
View attachment 1390431
IMG_20211124_190326811_HDR.jpg

Done and it' goooooooood!Very tender, juicy and very tender.
That smoker pretty much makes it effortless, but you do have to know the smoker and how to adjust it.
This smoker is 5yrs old. It was a
That smoker pretty much makes it effortless, but you do have to know the smoker and how to adjust it.
This smoker is 5yrs old. It was a New Braunfels Bandera Vertical Offset Smoker design. I bought
one of the original ones around '91. I used it at least once a week for most of the 20 years.I owned it.
CharBroil bought them out and stopped production of that model.

They brought it back under the Oklahoma Joe brand, but kept the name Bandera 5yrs ago. I found it after searching for the old company. I just happened upon one at Wally World. It was $300 cheaper that the one I just looked up! The old design was a tank! This one is thinner and less welding with more bolts. It was redesigned for shipping and a larger market. It's a good smoker in the construction, but a killer design.

View attachment 1390505

This smoker is 5yrs old. It was a
This smoker is 5yrs old. It was a New Braunfels Bandera Vertical Offset Smoker design. I bought
one of the original ones around '91. I used it at least once a week for most of the 20 years.I owned it.
CharBroil bought them out and stopped production of that model.

They brought it back under the Oklahoma Joe brand, but kept the name Bandera 5yrs ago. I found it after searching for the old company. I just happened upon one at Wally World. It was $300 cheaper that the one I just looked up! The old design was a tank! This one is thinner and less welding with more bolts. It was redesigned for shipping and a larger market. It's a good smoker in the construction, but a killer design.

Aggghhh......now I'm flipping Starving............................:crying:........Cheers @WildBill.........it won't let me give you any more plus rep ATM though....:pass:...gah.....tries to Think if we have anything Nice in for breakfast now.....:chef:...and...I don't Think we have..........

Sigh.....:pass:

Aggghhh......now I'm flipping Starving............................:crying:........Cheers @WildBill.........it won't let me give you any more plus rep ATM though....:pass:...gah.....tries to Think if we have anything Nice in for breakfast now.....:chef:...and...I don't Think we have..........

Sigh.....:pass:

Good morning @Mossy

Dont you have the luxery that you can just walk around like Baloo and eat different fruits everyday?

:smoking:

Good morning @Mossy

Dont you have the luxery that you can just walk around like Baloo and eat different fruits everyday?

:smoking:

Morning @MikaelAndréasSöderberg ... :pass: ..sharing one....

Yeah....in a way...the Spanish Government has made the Med Diet...the Cheapest food option..by making fruit and veg cheap and available.

Our agricultural water for the land costs roughly the same for a Year...as the houshold water costs for a Month...:pass:

If the farmers had to pay household prices for their water....fruit and veg would be premium prices.

Way to keep your Poor Fit..by making the Healty eating choice the cheapest....:headbang:

Are you and your GF veggy.....?.............if so.....you would be Cheap to keep Happy.....:pighug:

Most usual veggies...at the markets..ie...peppers...carrots...cucumbers...are under a euro a kilo year round...oranges 3 euros for 5 kilo...

Being out on the land....the next door farmer always leaves us stuff when he is cropping...we give him eggs...

And there are 3 or 4 small holdings around us where we can help ourselves to fruit and veg that they have...with the blessings of the farmers....
coz we are the Guard dogs for their land....:pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back