Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I saw someone mention yesterday that if you're growing in soil using bottled nutes you should be growing in coco instead, as soil is pointless if you're not using organic dry ammendments. Is there any validity to that or is that just one of many opinions?
Nope. No validity. My biggest soil grow was done with Megacrop v2 and the compressed pro-mix that has the strawberry plant on the package.

I just the cheap ph meter I had was 2 points highfor 2 months. All my data is corrupt and the plants are just now recovering. The worst thing is I bought 5 cheap ones instead of 1 good one. I give away or sold 3 of them that work perfectly. :shrug:
hehe you sound like me I have 6 pH pens of various qualities.
It took some while to afford the good ones Hanna and Blue Lab but the budget one did me well for years.
Regular calibration is the key but with so many things it is easy to let it slide and then mean to do it next time!
I will send off for more calibration powders and then calibrate the whole bally lot!
Having back up is important.
I also buy the batteries for the meters and have about 100 LR44 and the same of CR2032.

So, I saw someone mention yesterday that if you're growing in soil using bottled nutes you should be growing in coco instead, as soil is pointless if you're not using organic dry ammendments. Is there any validity to that or is that just one of many opinions?
Nope incorrect!
Bottled nutes can be both organic and inorganic.
I have used liquid organcics such as Biobizz in soil which is 100% organic, not a dry amendment in sight!
Biobizz can't be used in coco though, only in soil.
I have also used Powder Feeding from the Green House Seed Company, in soil and coco, not organic but it is a powder and I had great results.
I am a coconut:coco: these days and use Dutch pro range of nutes, which are mainly chemical based liquid nutes and like the results
I have also used megacrop in both soil a coco.

groovy ghoulies
I been told I have groovy goolies!:crying:
Older age (I aint old old, just older) has been good to me, I pity the poor sods who have two marbles in a hockey sock!:rofl:
For those who are scrotumnly challenged where gravity has sent the plums southward, here is a solution for you.

Started a new fall indoor grow thread in the Mars section to document the Sp6500 since the first full grow with it was an environmental failure.
Gotta give them their money's worth for a free light!!!
Link in the sig for those interested.

Like, the specific one I mean, I know I've seen several people recommend the same one but I can't remember what it was called.
I use an Apera ph-20 now but used a pool ph test kit at first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back