I'm a brown bag cure guy. I've havested and cured in some pretty inhospitable environments and as long as I didn't put moldy bud in the bag from the start, I've had good luck. 5-7 days in a brown bag hanging in the tent, shaking the bag frequently at the beginning and less when they start to dry out a bit. Finally into a Grove bag with a hygrometer. If the bag goes above 75%, I open it up and air it out for a day. Buds are squishy and sticky for a couple months.
I am on the brown bag bus too. I've tried wet trim, dry trim, cure jars, branch hanging, whole plant hanging, etc. I now wet trim into brown paper bags, then into groves for the cure. I suspect that other food zip locks would work as well as the groves do, but haven't yet tested that, and have the Groves, so I use them. The main advantage of the groves is that you can leave for a few days without risk, which is not the case with jars and burping.

It seems that I may have moved on to carts after ETOH extraction, so the trim job is getting less fussy. :crying: :pighug:

I'm usually the opposite and have to turn my light on super low to heat up the space and lower humidity otherwise they would sot in the bag for 2 weeks before they were dry enough to store.
My cure is always in late winter early spring because I only do one grow which finishes around February or thereabouts, so humidity is low in the house then. The main risk here is that even in grove bags, the bud will dry out in the long run. Contrary to some of the claims, groves are not a two way regulator of RH, they simply slow down water loss, and never add moisture unless the external RH is higher than in the bag. They do not operate like Boveda - those packs actually reduce or increase RH as needed.

I suspect that the only thing special about groves (and likely some of the bags that things like nuts are sold in) is that, unlike jars, they are permeable to oxygen. One of these days, I will do a comparative test, but I haven't had the time and inspiration yet. :pighug:

I suspect that the only thing special about groves (and likely some of the bags that things like nuts are sold in) is that, unlike jars, they are permeable to oxygen. One of these days, I will do a comparative test, but I haven't had the time and inspiration yet. :pighug:
1721959565572.gif

1721959584103.gif

Yes, definitely a regional thing here in the states. Depending on where you are there is a certain connotation to it. Mid-South - Mid-West and definitely deep South, if someone says it to ya, well, a bit of an insult.

That said, good afternoon everyone! I had to spend some time catching up on this thread.

In the South South, it basically means "go fuck yourself". Living in Charleston, SC ,where southern etiquette is still very popular, you still hear people say it from time to time. Usually delivered with a semi sarcastic smile. Pretty funny once you figure out the connotation

@Mossy, careful where you use that phrase! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Back