@420Forever
An old friend posted this on my FB page, did ya have one?

FB_IMG_1726956147615.jpg

My daughter went with friends to a theater event out on by her friends church last year. Not surprisingly it was preachy.

The thing that upset her was they tod the audience that suicidal thoughts are sins and the shameful thinkers could go to hell.

OK. They can believe what they like but if you shame a person who is having suicidal ideation they won't reach out for help.

Trust me. I am a counselor and I work for an agency that serves people with mental illnesses.

The play is being put on again this year so my wife and I will attend. If they state things like that I will bring suicide prevention materials and refer them to training. I will have authorities pay them a visit.

Most important.
If reading this is upsetting or if you are in a dark place REACH OUT to your crisis line or other local supports.

My daughter went with friends to a theater event out on by her friends church last year. Not surprisingly it was preachy.

The thing that upset her was they tod the audience that suicidal thoughts are sins and the shameful thinkers could go to hell.

OK. They can believe what they like but if you shame a person who is having suicidal ideation they won't reach out for help.

Trust me. I am a counselor and I work for an agency that serves people with mental illnesses.

The play is being put on again this year so my wife and I will attend. If they state things like that I will bring suicide prevention materials and refer them to training. I will have authorities pay them a visit.

Most important.
If reading this is upsetting or if you are in a dark place REACH OUT to your crisis line or other local supports.
As a young parent, we sent our first two kids to sunday school. One sunday I picked them up as usual and on the way home I had to listen to my 8 year old son telling me how birth control was murder. I was so f'n mad, that aint the stuff they taught us in sunday school, we were read bible stories that had a moral to the story. Never took them again.

@420Forever
An old friend posted this on my FB page, did ya have one?

View attachment 1708215
I can feel my sinuses burning from shotguns to the nose :crying: They still make these

My wife never liked using the stats when I introduced her to weed 40+ years ago, so i intro'd her to the toke stone, problem solved.
I can feel my sinuses burning from shotguns to the nose :crying: They still make these
Holy shit, their battery powered now, LOL.

Attachments

• 20240921_181716 - Copy.jpg
    20240921_181716 - Copy.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Back