Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs Tuppeny Bun isn't going to be happy, that looks like two cold shoulders right there at the least!
It's what she would call pressing matters that are hard to ignore!
Those plump buns always seem so inviting in the wee hours!
She just grumbles and says "go back to sleep"!

:crying:

IMG_8145.jpeg

I built a pizza oven with it! How strong is your back? 2-60# sacks of cement will pour 2 square feet at 4" thickness. If you can mix and pour in 8 minutes then mix and start pouring in 8 minutes you can continuously pour with only expansion joints when needed. It is way more work than you can imagine trying to do a big slab. That said Design the project with 4 square foot increments.

I poured 20 - 80# sacks non stop to form the concrete casing on the oven. That was in 2011, I cannot lift a 80# or 60# sack of cement now. Hell I wince at 20# :haha:

View attachment 1691790View attachment 1691789View attachment 1691787
@Frankthetank, when I poured the concrete retaining wall for "the dungeon" grow room it was 24 of the 80# bags. I never had to lift a whole bag off the ground because I used the flat dolly at home depot that's the same height as a truck bed. I mixed 1/2 bag at a time in 5-gallon buckets, using a 1/2" drill and large "egg-beater" mixer. I rigged a chute out of scrap wood so I could pour it from ground level without carrying the heavy buckets down the stairs. That was a couple of years ago when I was 71. Even though NY home-grows are legal now, it is nice to have a hidden grow space. I have done much dumber things.
eggbeater_mixer.png
dungeon_winter_2022.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back