Good evening Cannabis and Hemp cultivators and connoisseurs.
To quote Bruce Buffer…

:jointman:For the Dragon Ride(s)

Bluestruttin

Pin that dragon into submission! ;)

17F92F05-44FD-4CEB-A4C2-A258E6FA76EE.jpeg

Its that Monday back after only working Monday last week… the day went fast because my tasks-plate was overly full. The evening is blowing by (in more ways than one) rapidly too. Bongzilla hits real nice after a long day of clock punching

You are correct sir. They are commonly referred to as spiny lobster or rock lobsters. Most tropical areas have them and cool waters as well. Southern California is actually a good lobster region, but most get sent over seas to Asia and they aren't really marketed as much except in San Diego. Even more expensive than Maine lobster.
When I lived in Maui, we would dive for them, but only with snorkels. Illegal to use tanks. Their antenna stick up out of the coral and we used steel mesh gloves to reach in and grab them. Gotta watch out for eels and other critters!!!
In the Bahamas they call their clawless lobsters "bugs." In the 70's and 80's when I was there it was illegal to spear them with any kind of spear. The only legal way was with a stick about 2 feet long with a fishhook mounted on the end. When you see the antennas sticking out from under a coral head, you reach the hook under her belly and pull her out, and grab her shell with the other hand. The locals were opening a bottle of Clorox up-current from the coral head, which makes all the "bugs" scurry out of their holes. Totally illegal and it kills coral polyps, but "gotta feed the tourists."

Day 12 in The DEN​

:weed::weed::weed::weed::weed:

In the Bahamas they call their clawless lobsters "bugs." In the 70's and 80's when I was there it was illegal to spear them with any kind of spear. The only legal way was with a stick about 2 feet long with a fishhook mounted on the end. When you see the antennas sticking out from under a coral head, you reach the hook under her belly and pull her out, and grab her shell with the other hand. The locals were opening a bottle of Clorox up-current from the coral head, which makes all the "bugs" scurry out of their holes. Totally illegal and it kills coral polyps, but "gotta feed the tourists."
Recently saw an episode of uncharted with gordon ramsey and he was in florida or somewhere and went out on a fishing boat to catch lunch and the captain told him they were fishing for roaches cuz they call the rock lobsters there the cockroaches of the sea….or some shit like that! Details may be a little wonky as i was definitely stoned when i watched it!

Back