I think i will slowly dial my lights back a couple hours over the next week. Im not talking about 24/0 just 20/4 but this video makes sense! Thank you!
No problem your welcome just figured it could explain the rest period and what it does better then I could. 20/4 isn’t bad least they do get some rest but from what I’ve heard 18/6 is better for terpenes so I’ve just stuck with it. No need to take a week to adjust lights especially for a couple hours. Hell I changed the photo girls 6 hrs over night:headbang:

Last edited:
18/6 all the way

Would the microbes thing apply to sterile hydroponics?

Do you turn the intensity down?

Nah.

I haven't noticed a quality difference, I ran 24/0 primarily in the past, for what i think were faster harvests, but I stress most of my plants regardless of the light cycle.:crying:

Would the microbes thing apply to sterile hydroponics?

I don’t know about completely sterile hydro but I know this what @Mañ'O'Green taught me he is hydro rockwool with megacrop and I wholeheartedly trust his findings.

MOG’s words

I am going back to 18/6 that has proven to me to be the best indoor schedule.
Not a problem but don't go less than 11 hours of light as they may decide to ripen before getting fatter.
I have now grown autos on
8/4 Stress and Hermies, small plants and low yield.
11/13 Autos that were not autos, this fixed it
12/12 Autos with Photoperiod plants, I have plenty of DLI so not a problem.
18/6 This is the sweet spot for yield and quality.
24/0 Stressed plants, lower terps cost way more to run lights but finished about 10 days faster still cost more for energy. Overall Quality was lower.
20/4 Slightly better yield but Terps seem lower, cost more to run lights, about the same time to grow to harvest as 18/6.
The most consistent best crops come from the 18/6 and that is what I will be growing with in the future.

I am pretty sure there’s still a rhizosphere and microbes with most all hydro setups that is in a substrate DWC may be a different story:shrug::pass:

Trying to make it work well with just the root riot and dangly roots this grow.

Ran a couple Skywalker x FS similarily, I definitely stressed them. They had lovely roots though.

1202210847-1-jpg.1394323

1126211036_hdr-jpg.1391020

I am pretty sure there’s still a rhizosphere and microbes with most all hydro setups that is in a substrate DWC may be a different story:shrug::pass:
Prof. Bugbee mentioned that in one of his videos, about the active micro-biome in coco grows.

Back