For reference on the tap, after the dechlorinator filter on the hose the pen says my water is 0.8 EC which is 400ppm at +/- 50ppm accuracy 🤢 makes it tough to feed! My cousin owns a water store in town so I’m gonna see him tomorrow about a hook up of some sort whether it’s ro or a small filter or whatever and then I’ll hit up my next door neighbor the plumber to help me out. I don’t need to get to 0 base water so anything should be an improvement.

A RO system isn't very expensive compared to a ph doser just sayin. I have 100gpd on tote with float valve auto shuts off when its full always have 20 gallon of RO ready when growing. My Tap water is just as high 350-400ppm cutting it 3:1 ro/tap put me around a good starting number

this is what MOG told me about silica

Silica must be added to the water that is <100 PPM or less 30 minutes before you add the next nutrients. What your seeing is it is binding to the calcium that is in the water making it cloudy. It is also locking up the silicca, calcium, and Mg making all of them not available to the plant.

The order in which you add nutrients for hydroponics is critical to the availability of all ions.
I use GreenLeaf MegaCrop two part and this is my mixing order.

Silica
Part A
Mg
part B
gypsum
Kelp, Humic Acid, Yucca and any other bennies

Check with the vendor of your inputs order can be different for other lines.

Beats bathroom duties:toke: :doh: :gassy::crying::crying::crying:
Bro that Buc-ee’s gas station is so big they literally have a full time crew that does nothing but keep the restrooms clean! Guaranteed a nice clean commode if u need to drop a public deuce! :yoinks::haha::crying:

I use Armor Si and I read somewhere that it’s a good idea to let your silicate sit in the water for about an hour before carrying on with the rest of the feed mixing. Anyone know if this is valid?
1724718182861.gif

Bro that Buc-ee’s gas station is so big they literally have a full time crew that does nothing but keep the restrooms clean! Guaranteed a nice clean commode if u need to drop a public deuce! :yoinks::haha::crying:

Did they have the triple stack vape though? :doh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I use Armor Si and I read somewhere that it’s a good idea to let your silicate sit in the water for about an hour before carrying on with the rest of the feed mixing. Anyone know if this is valid?
Yes add silica first and give the ions time to fix to the other metals that are in the water to start with. If you add them at the end or middle of the other elements it will bind to them and make them less available to the plant.

For reference on the tap, after the dechlorinator filter on the hose the pen says my water is 0.8 EC which is 400ppm at +/- 50ppm accuracy 🤢 makes it tough to feed! My cousin owns a water store in town so I’m gonna see him tomorrow about a hook up of some sort whether it’s ro or a small filter or whatever and then I’ll hit up my next door neighbor the plumber to help me out. I don’t need to get to 0 base water so anything should be an improvement.
For really hard water 400PPM get a small RV water softener and run that in-front of an RO system.

A RO system isn't very expensive compared to a ph doser just sayin. I have 100gpd on tote with float valve auto shuts off when its full always have 20 gallon of RO ready when growing. My Tap water is just as high 350-400ppm cutting it 3:1 ro/tap put me around a good starting number

this is what MOG told me about silica

Silica must be added to the water that is <100 PPM or less 30 minutes before you add the next nutrients. What your seeing is it is binding to the calcium that is in the water making it cloudy. It is also locking up the silicca, calcium, and Mg making all of them not available to the plant.

The order in which you add nutrients for hydroponics is critical to the availability of all ions.
I use GreenLeaf MegaCrop two part and this is my mixing order.

Silica
Part A
Mg
part B
gypsum
Kelp, Humic Acid, Yucca and any other bennies

Check with the vendor of your inputs order can be different for other lines.
RO system and a food safe garden hose will be delivered tomorrow and the MurLok connectors on Friday. The connectors will join the garden hose and the ro system. Y’all know by now I’m not hesitant to invest so we’ll see how this venture goes.

Back