Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like blue dream said southern ag is another I use hydro guard just because more folks here use it :shrug: This is what MOG had to say about it awhile back:

View attachment 1619872
I'm only worried about the ac infinity grow bases...I think the southern ag will work fine for those....

O
All I can say is I have buckets and tubs with tomatoes, peppers, loofah and melons out in 95* weather and haven't had a single issue with it. Barely any algae. No smells. The water is perfectly clear. No nasty bacteria build up at all. And all I did was give each container a few mL of southern ag at the beginning of the season.
On it ty ...my next order...

I thought he ran his with the grow lights but seems like it's only for 6 hrs MID day but he does say the bulbs he uses are stronger

View attachment 1619854

I have both of those Uv lights as well.v Haven't used them the last two runs. The UVA "Plus" is UVA with a little bit of UBB. The "Pure" light is the UVB. I can only use the uvb for 5 minutes at a time a couple times a day. I'm at the top of the 6' 8" tent. Man has 9' ceilings. Those Pure bulbs can and will fry the shit out of you and your plants if not careful!!!

I have both of those Uv lights as well.v Haven't used them the last two runs. The UVA "Plus" is UVA with a little bit of UBB. The "Pure" light is the UVB. I can only use the uvb for 5 minutes at a time a couple times a day. I'm at the top of the 6' 8" tent. Man has 9' ceilings. Those Pure bulbs can and will fry the shit out of you and your plants if not careful!!!
I know never used uvb...I know @Drownomatic sets his at 30sec every 15min or something.....so it dont burn them....uva isnt as strong....and uvb isn't led...

I'm only worried about the ac infinity grow bases...I think the southern ag will work fine for those....

Oh, btw, if you keep it in your fridge it will last longer. Slows the bacteria down from multiplying and going through their food. I think its good for like 6 months after you open it based on what the back of the container said, but you need so little of it, I don't see how you could ever use that much, unless you decide to spray your yard with it like they suggest. I did. Plus I use it as a foliar spray on pretty much everything, including my blackberries and peach tree. All it does is just out compete other bacteria, and since they aren't dangerous, make you sick, or cause any rot, it keeps all the other nasties away by out competing them, with no side effects.

Oh, btw, if you keep it in your fridge it will last longer. Slows the bacteria down from multiplying and going through their food. I think its good for like 6 months after you open it based on what the back of the container said, but you need so little of it, I don't see how you could ever use that much, unless you decide to spray your yard with it like they suggest. I did. Plus I use it as a foliar spray on pretty much everything, including my blackberries and peach tree. All it does is just out compete other bacteria, and since they aren't dangerous, make you sick, or cause any rot, it keeps all the other nasties away by out competing them, with no side effects.
Thanks I’m ordering it now

They are both similar products and both should work fine

Yep. Both are bacillus bacteria. Southern Ag tells you which breed they use, hydro guard doesn't. It very well could be the same. Like I said, the hydroguard is a million times less concentrated than the SA. They literally could just be ordering a case of southern ag, dumping a container into a big stock tank of distilled water and then rebottling it. I mean, probably not, lol. But its like comparing an oak to a maple. Both will work just fine as shade trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back