Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Both are bacillus bacteria. Southern Ag tells you which breed they use, hydro guard doesn't. It very well could be the same. Like I said, the hydroguard is a million times less concentrated than the SA. They literally could just be ordering a case of southern ag, dumping a container into a big stock tank of distilled water and then rebottling it. I mean, probably not, lol. But its like comparing an oak to a maple. Both will work just fine as shade trees.
:cool1:

Here is another company selling the exact same bacteria as Southern Ag, at the same concentration.

And another

Here is an EPA report. https://www3.epa.gov/pesticides/che...registration/decision_PC-016482_08-Dec-11.pdf
Page 7 says they basically force fed it to rats and it didn't cause any problems.

And the wiki article on it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacillus_amyloliquefaciens
Its actually its own species. However the D747 sub-species, IDK. But I bet you anything you can order this crap in bulk from China, and thats where these companies are getting it from and repacking. Which would lend me to believe since everyone else uses D747, there have been EPA studies on it, etc, that hydroguard is using the exact same stuff and just wants to seem proprietary.

Nope. I stand corrected.

There are 2 different companies making the bacteria and each has their own strain.

1690744640472.png

So Hydro Guard might be using FZB24.

But honestly, who cares? They both work.

Oh, btw, if you keep it in your fridge it will last longer. Slows the bacteria down from multiplying and going through their food. I think its good for like 6 months after you open it based on what the back of the container said, but you need so little of it, I don't see how you could ever use that much, unless you decide to spray your yard with it like they suggest. I did. Plus I use it as a foliar spray on pretty much everything, including my blackberries and peach tree. All it does is just out compete other bacteria, and since they aren't dangerous, make you sick, or cause any rot, it keeps all the other nasties away by out competing them, with no side effects.
Thanks I appreciate this I went to my hydro store and a liter of hydroguard is $42 crazy....I'll get that...southern ag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back