Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a really productive day today.

I decided to keep my dad's car, since the body and engine is in good shape, but it needs some work.
Definitely needs CV Axles, it whines likes crazy going around corners.
Tires are bald.
Fluids haven't been changed in god knows when.
Steering feels nice and tight though, and I took it out and beat on it for a few minutes once the engine was warm. Dad never drove it hard, and the older DOHC honda engines need an Italian tune up now and then.

The interior was disgusting. He chain smoked when he drove, and was just disgustingly messy.
Took 2 garbage cans to get rid of the big stuff, and then filled my shop vac almost all the way to the top while vacuuming it out.

Today I also got the window fixed, the window regulator was bad and the window track was damaged from him trying to force the window up and down by hand. The body shop had to bend the track back into shape and then tack weld a bracket back onto it.

Next is ordering some tires and the CV axles and taking it to a shop to get that stuff installed.

Then I need to modify the seat rails so I can move the seat further back, even with it all the way back I barely fit. I was going to get some bar stock and make 4" spacers for the rails.

Finally the AC needs fixed, but I'm gonna have to take the fender off to get to it. He got impatient when I was trying to work on the radiator fans and just reached down in there with a pair of pliers and jerked any wires loose he could find in the way. Then he was surprised his AC stopped working. I'm betting he cut the compressor clutch wire.

My mom had an Accord with the same engine. She was complaining it ran like crap.

I took it for a drive, and yeah, it had a stutter on acceleration and didn't feel right.

After consulting a friend, I took it out and let it warm up and then took it through the RPM band up and down an old farm road in the middle of nowhere. After that it ran great.

She babied it just like he did this car. He mostly just drove about 1/2 a mile to dialysis in one direction and half a mile in the other to a diner for breakfast. Never got it over 25mph.

tumblr_mid9vjbBOG1qkfwf2o1_500.gif

Anyone else burn incense? I enjoy lighting some in my office while I'm working.

Currently have Sandalwood, Nag Champa and Dragons Blood from a company called Plant Guru on amazon.
I do but the wife get headaches 😩 big baby... 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back