Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just learning....I was following the sts reversal spray...by Twenty20..I took that and reversed all 3 plants banana purple punch, dark jedi, and devils cream...to make feminized pollen...then I took all 3 and pollinated a devils cream....I'm not saying I'm a breeder...I'm still learning..I was just chucking some pollen...I won't be a breeder till I get it all down and if I plan on taking it further...I don't know yet...maybe one day...
Right on. I just know you've said starting a seedbank was a goal of yours and figured this was part of your process for getting that going. Just be aware that you really don't know what genetics you're working with when you've got multiple pollen donors.

This podcasts last two episodes have been geared towards laying the foundation for more in depth discussions on breeding and is a good listen!

okay, been biting my tounge on this for awhile, and don't want to be a jerk but...

Those seeds are not three way crosses! You reversed two males and had them both pollinate your females right? That doesnt combine both Reversed plants' genes with the seed mother's.
Some of those seeds are from one reversed pollen donor and some are from the other. Please, do a favor for yourself, this community, and anyone who ever grows your stuff, and get at least a basic understanding of how breeding works before presenting yourself as one. Plenty of resources out there to learn and no excuse not to learn especially if you're gonna start a seedbank.

To make a three way cross you could take One Male/reversal (Strain A) and pollinate two females of different strains. (strains B and C) Then, by taking the offspring of those two Mother plants and crossing them together: (B x A) x (C x A) you essentially create an F2 generation that is A x B x C.

okay, been biting my tounge on this for awhile, and don't want to be a jerk but...

Those seeds are not three way crosses! You reversed two males and had them both pollinate your females right? That doesnt combine both Reversed plants' genes with the seed mother's.
Some of those seeds are from one reversed pollen donor and some are from the other. Please, do a favor for yourself, this community, and anyone who ever grows your stuff, and get at least a basic understanding of how breeding works before presenting yourself as one. Plenty of resources out there to learn and no excuse not to learn especially if you're gonna start a seedbank.

To make a three way cross you could take One Male/reversal (Strain A) and pollinate two females of different strains. (strains B and C) Then, by taking the offspring of those two Mother plants and crossing them together: (B x A) x (C x A) you essentially create an F2 generation that is A x B x C.
I've never had one person say they weren't a good plant....or anything...I've seen one hermie and still did just fine....and they've all grown out nice....
Screenshot_20230512_141949_Chrome.jpg

To make a three way cross you could take One Male/reversal (Strain A) and pollinate two females of different strains. (strains B and C) Then, by taking the offspring of those two Mother plants and crossing them together: (B x A) x (C x A)
AFAIK ...The crossing of two F1's in this fashion, is an F1 Polyhybrid my friend and will have a high percentage of genetic variations.

:d5:

Last edited:
I've never had one person say they weren't a good plant....or anything...I've seen one hermie and still did just fine....and they've all grown out nice....View attachment 1612181
Ok, I'm not saying that the seeds are bunk or anything. Just trying to point you in the direction of some basic education about what it is youre doing pollen chucking, breeding , whatever you want to call it.

Ok, I'm not saying that the seeds are bunk or anything. Just trying to point you in the direction of some basic education about what it is youre doing pollen chucking, breeding , whatever you want to call it.
I appreciate it....I've been reading the breeders Bible that Sawney_bean sent me....

Morning kittens.....I gots a GROWING depression...the damn wellies still distressing and all the rain we've had has played hell with my desert roses....damn soil mix was overwhelmed with the downpour so it wasn't draining well enough....gotta head to Ace for sand n perlite and spend the day repotting. Moving em up under the carport cause more rain expected for the foreseeable future.....hope everyone having a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back