Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Grove bags have been such a nice addition to modern growing and have really simplified that part of it.
I have a dedicated dry room, they dry there for between 10 and 14 days until they are stable around 60% RH at around 60-65 degrees. Then they go into the bags. I have not had one issue with rot or dry herb since. If you are gentle, the bags can last a few years each, as long as you are careful with the zip part.
I haven’t used the Cannatrol. I have heard good things. Retains more flavonoids and terpenes.
they are a bit pricey. I heard of people using turkey roasting bags. they are not much cheaper so I'm not going to chance it.
Cannatrol - save up your money for one or put it on your wish list. I can fit 2.2 lbs of fresh picked flower in it. I wish it was bigger or I had two. Perfect results in ten to twelve days depending on your preference.

I cheat! The Cannabis cheat code; Autoflowers/autopots/simple hanging basket soil/grow dots/Cannatrol box.
PH up down up down up down LR LLR, just kidding I don't use anything but rainwater.
I find that these Autoflowers don't need or want all the fancy inputs. In My experience of course.
It all comes down to quality. We have plants we run that run in basic soil and grow dots. They turn out ok, but not as good as the plants where I take care of the soil more than I do the plant itself. A little more labor intensive, but not that much for the quality uptick you get when you get it right.
I don’t always get it right either. Been doing this for many years now, and I still only have a 25-30% success rate to grow top level, sticky icky,…the rest of it is just, you know…meh weed. Some might love it, I usually give it away or throw it out.

they are a bit pricey. I heard of people using turkey roasting bags. they are not much cheaper so I'm not going to chance it.
I just got 20 bags for $50. They will last for like three to four years. I think that’s great value. Store 1/4 lb in each.

It all comes down to quality. We have plants we run that run in basic soil and grow dots. They turn out ok, but not as good as the plants where I take care of the soil more than I do the plant itself. A little more labor intensive, but not that much for the quality uptick you get when you get it right.
I don’t always get it right either. Been doing this for many years now, and I still only have a 25-30% success rate to grow top level, sticky icky,…the rest of it is just, you know…meh weed. Some might love it, I usually give it away or throw it out.
Sometimes the ones I give away people love anyway. I have had a few duds that I never let finish. I need every angle I can get. My first grow was pretty good with basic soil some ewc and a few organic amendments. Second grow I was a soil scientist who know more than anybody. I get the soil nobody can get....bla bla bla. BAD results. I toned it down and read a lot of AFN sticky threads and guides and asked for help. Much Much improvement. I'm not going to be the next Coot. I'd like to wind up somewhere in the middle. A lot of stuff does not work in the Auto pots but when they do work they work. I screwed up and forgot to reset the AC after a power outage the room got up in the nineties. The plants sucked down most of the 12 gallon tank and the plants did not look harmed in any way. I learned that I better water my outdoor plants much more at this point. The Autopots are also teaching me that the plants suck down a lot of water durring the first few weeks of flower and stretch. Much more water than I was ever giving them. The autopots are a learning tool for me.

I’ve been a few times and from my experiences I wouldn’t go again.

Inclusive not so much!

It’s all made out to be fun and games but when u dig a little deeper into it and see what else goes on during it’s horrendous. People get robbed, beaten, stabbed, sexually abused all sorts!

Plus that article…. Defo take my 13 year old daughter to that lovely family festival…… LIKE F*CK! Lol

Sorry to be a party pooper lol
Sounds like Coachella! ;)

1693317669322.gif

It's been a while away from the LSC. Been working to feel better and for the most part succeeding. With that, I did come for an appropriate purpose.

I'm wondering what to do with this Girl Scout Cookies. It just won't flower. It's 64 days old and it's interfering with the other plant's access to light. The pots are too heavy to lift with those bases, so that's out. Do I:
  • Give up on it and rip it out?
  • let the others deal with less light and wait longer? The CBD haze on the left is stunted from the previous issues and looks like it's already slowing down, so it may already be too late for it. The Pink Runtz in the middle is doing OK, but I bet it would do better with the light at a more appropriate height.
  • other ideas?
pic-2023-08-29_all.jpg

It's been a while away from the LSC. Been working to feel better and for the most part succeeding. With that, I did come for an appropriate purpose.

I'm wondering what to do with this Girl Scout Cookies. It just won't flower. It's 64 days old and it's interfering with the other plant's access to light. The pots are too heavy to lift with those bases, so that's out. Do I:
  • Give up on it and rip it out?
  • let the others deal with less light and wait longer? The CBD haze on the left is stunted from the previous issues and looks like it's already slowing down, so it may already be too late for it. The Pink Runtz in the middle is doing OK, but I bet it would do better with the light at a more appropriate height.
  • other ideas?
View attachment 1627724

What are you running for light schedule.. Try doing a night period and if you already do try doing a longer period maybe even go 12/12 to get her to flip the others will be fine as long as they are getting the appropriate DLI :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back