Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mañ'O'Green how long has it been since you grew your first plant? You are one informed individual I’ll tell you what.
I grew my first hydroponic indoor cannabis in 1974. I grew some in corn fields before that but it is hardly growing. Plant a seed and come back 90 days latter to see if anything is there :rofl: I had water beds w/liners stacked on top of each other with the top one filled with pea gravel the bottom was the reservoir. I was using hydroponic tomato fertilizer. I did CO2 enrichment by going in the room holding my breath as long as i could while opening the valve on 2 - 80 cu.ft. tanks closing them and running out :doh: It was wildly successful. I did several iterations on this basic setup until I got a true sensimilla crop going. The odor was so potent that my roommate came home from the bar a half mile away and said I can smell your plants inside the bar. We did not have carbon scrubbers back then. He made me cut the plants down and remove the grow room. It was wildly illegal then.

I did a bunch of commercial vegetable and flower farming after that working for others and myself. I had a couple of acres of organic vegies and cutting flowers and was happily selling them by the roadside when one day I fell out of my chair drunk just as my wife came home. She just looked down at me and said you need a real job. It hit home and I went back to college and got my degree and went into IT. 20 years later I had a bad back and the doc recommended Cannabis for pain because I was poisoning my kidneys and liver with Nsaids. It worked so well for the pain and being the cheap guy I am I knew I could grow my own. That was 10 years ago now. So I have been growing indoors non-stop for the past 10 years

I grew my first hydroponic indoor cannabis in 1974. I grew some in corn fields before that but it is hardly growing. Plant a seed and come back 90 days latter to see if anything is there :rofl: I had water beds w/liners stacked on top of each other with the top one filled with pea gravel the bottom was the reservoir. I was using hydroponic tomato fertilizer. I did CO2 enrichment by going in the room holding my breath as long as i could while opening the valve on 2 - 80 cu.ft. tanks closing them and running out :doh: It was wildly successful. I did several iterations on this basic setup until I got a true sensimilla crop going. The odor was so potent that my roommate came home from the bar a half mile away and said I can smell your plants inside the bar. We did not have carbon scrubbers back then. He made me cut the plants down and remove the grow room. It was wildly illegal then.

I did a bunch of commercial vegetable and flower farming after that working for others and myself. I had a couple of acres of organic vegies and cutting flowers and was happily selling them by the roadside when one day I fell out of my chair drunk just as my wife came home. She just looked down at me and said you need a real job. It hit home and I went back to college and got my degree and went into IT. 20 years later I had a bad back and the doc recommended Cannabis for pain because I was poisoning my kidneys and liver with Nsaids. It worked so well for the pain and being the cheap guy I am I knew I could grow my own. That was 10 years ago now. So I have been growing indoors non-stop for the past 10 years
What’s you all time favorite cultivar to treat back pain, or pain in general?

All of this experience is not a surprise. I appreciate you and the other veterans who are always spot on with advice and problem solving.

What’s you all time favorite cultivar to treat back pain, or pain in general?
I like this question because I’ve often wondered if “pain relief” = “couch lock” or if there are actually cultivars that somehow target pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back