Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all I’d like to intrude for a quick question..I’ve read some people have left their plants in darkness before chopping and I’m wondering if it’s like just a day or a few days? I know it’s bro science I’m not looking to start a debate. My plants are ready and I thought I’d experiment (what else is new)
There actually was a scientific study conducted on this subject but the the Stichting Institute of Medical Cannabis is out of business and the results are no longer available:dammit:. I read the report several times and this is what I remember: THC is improved at the cost of terpenes. THC goes up (minor) terpene profile goes down (minor) It was not big numbers yet it was statistically significant. I made the determination that there was no benefit to me to do the lights out practice.

Hello all I’d like to intrude for a quick question..I’ve read some people have left their plants in darkness before chopping and I’m wondering if it’s like just a day or a few days? I know it’s bro science I’m not looking to start a debate. My plants are ready and I thought I’d experiment (what else is new)
Have you ever noticed your tent reeking exponentially more while in flower during the night period?

While I do not agree with an excessive 48 hour dark period before harvest, I do agree that it is best to harvest at the end of the regularly scheduled night time period. Every old school 1960's hippie I grew up around practiced an end of night harvest, and it's what I've always done. I've experimented with 24 and 48, and I believe it's best at the end of the regularly scheduled night and anything beyond that is excessive.

:pass:

I have several times and noticed no difference except sometimes if dark and cold they will fade a good amount! But no need to go dark just for a leaf fade unless u trying to just take fancy pics of the plants!
Never had that fade you speak of happen. In fact it has always seemed to do just the opposite and green them up just a bit from a fade.
:pass:

Have you ever noticed your tent reeking exponentially more while in flower during the night period?

While I do not agree with an excessive 48 hour dark period before harvest, I do agree that it is best to harvest at the end of the regularly scheduled night time period. Every old school 1960's hippie I grew up around practiced an end of night harvest, and it's what I've always done. I've experimented with 24 and 48, and I believe it's best at the end of the regularly scheduled night and anything beyond that is excessive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back