Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats up?

My 2 new plants are doing wonderful in the hydroponics setup.

1692375518447.png

In the back you can see a 3 gallon kitty litter container, I've been having my wife save them, they are perfect for growing dwarf tomatoes. So I will be growing Orange Hat micro dwarf tomatoes around the perimeter of my grow tent, they only get about 9" tall, so they won't get in the way of the weed, and with the square containers I can put one in each corner and have them out of the way, but get enough cherry tomatoes off of them for a couple salads a week during the winter.

This is what 4 fully grown ones look like growing on top of a 5 gallon bucket outside. After a hook worm attack, I decided to leave whats outside outside, I don't want to bring any bugs inside.

1692375711111.png

Root shot!
1692375745320.png

I went to Steve’s to grab some of that but it was up to $70 if I remember correctly (that is questionable tho since been doin dabs lately) so i ordered the dry stuff! Be nice to know if i can do like with the humic and turn the dry stuff into a bottle of concentrated liquid! Make it easier to add per gallon and no risk of the dry product turning into a solid rock before its used up! :shrug:
It's $42.35 at BAS.
Yeah, I'd rather have it in a liquid form also. I know the RAW version of Yucca get very sticky and gummy as soon as you open it up........ Mainly around the zipper opening.
The only question I have converting it over to a liquid would be if it would not spoil

It's $42.35 at BAS.
Yeah, I'd rather have it in a liquid form also. I know the RAW version of Yucca get very sticky and gummy as soon as you open it up........ Mainly around the zipper opening.
The only question I have converting it over to a liquid would be if it would not spoil
Ya the gs plant foods kind is in a container like their soybean aminos so its a screw on lid! And like 2 weeks after opening mine i got a new kitchen faucet and it had a nice sized dessicant pack in it so tossed it into the yucca to hopefully help keep it in powder form!

Maybe @Mañ'O'Green will be able to tell us if yucca powder can be made into a bottle of concentrated liquid or prob more appropriate question how long approximately could u expect it to last! Not sure if u could use ph or what u would go by when determining if its near end of shelf life! :shrug:

I wonder if Xantham gum would work as well as yucca as a thickening agent for basically making water wetter.

Its really cheap at a health food store, I bought a bag of it that was Bobs Redmill brand and have had it like 10 years now, you barely need like a quarter of a teaspoon to thicken a gravy.

I'm using a liquid product called coco-wet, both in my nutrients, and especially in foliar sprays, it really kills the surface tension making the spray properly wet rather than bead up.

Can anyone help me with making a list of parts for building a self feeding irrigation setup? I can't seem to find any parts list online. And I have never done anything like this before. But i am willing and able.

Ya the gs plant foods kind is in a container like their soybean aminos so its a screw on lid! And like 2 weeks after opening mine i got a new kitchen faucet and it had a nice sized dessicant pack in it so tossed it into the yucca to hopefully help keep it in powder form!

Maybe @Mañ'O'Green will be able to tell us if yucca powder can be made into a bottle of concentrated liquid or prob more appropriate question how long approximately could u expect it to last! Not sure if u could use ph or what u would go by when determining if its near end of shelf life! :shrug:
I use those tubs of yucca powder and haven't had any moisture problems yet. And I've been through a couple of them

Can anyone help me with making a list of parts for building a self feeding irrigation setup? I can't seem to find any parts list online. And I have never done anything like this before. But i am willing and able.
He's my original setup with parts and prices. It's changed a little but that's most of it

I wonder if Xantham gum would work as well as yucca as a thickening agent for basically making water wetter.

Its really cheap at a health food store, I bought a bag of it that was Bobs Redmill brand and have had it like 10 years now, you barely need like a quarter of a teaspoon to thicken a gravy.
Ya pretty sure yucca helps do something with surface tension so water aborbs faster or something like dat but atm its more scientifical then my stone brained can compute after about a dozen dabs! Def doesn’t thicken the water….. I don’t think! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back