Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morfnoevight All You Happy Sunday Stoners!

Enjoyed a lovely meal and company last night at some friends house.

3:00am here temp has dropped it is a roller coaster I need to make a swamp cooler I have looked into them. Any advice will be much appreciated :thumbsup: time for me to get to bed night all:sleeping:

PS congrats to all the raffle winners well done :bravo:
What is the purpose for the cooler? The first thing to consider is will it function in your environment. This chart shows the efficacy in a given set of Temperature/RH combinations.

swamp-cooler-humidity-chart-1.jpg

I have used my swamp cooler all the way up to 108°F when the RH is near zero here, 105°F with 30% RH sucks.

I cool 1700 sq.ft. With this Durango 5900 CFM Evaporative Cooler.

2022-07-31_12-41-05.jpg

It uses a media called Cell Decking.

2022-07-31_12-42-05.jpg

In the past Aspen wood shavings made into a pad was the best cooler pad prior to cell decking it is about 6°F less efficient than the cell deck. The blue polyester pads perform the worst as far as cooling but they last a long time and stay clean longer.
2022-07-31_12-47-19.jpg2022-07-31_12-48-25.jpg

It is important to learn how to use a swamp cooler, unlike AC or heating you need to OPEN the house for it to work. The air passes through the cooler at one end of the house and then exits the house at the other end. There must be very little pressure from the incoming air or the house will quickly become too humid. I use the door test. Open an exterior door just a tiny crack, if the pressure pushes the door open more you need to open the windows at the end of the house more. I have installed Updux in my house that vent the air up and out through the attic. This is beneficial in two ways. First is security as the windows or doors do not need to be open for the cooler to function properly and secondly the air venting through the attic cools it some keeping the house cooler.

2022-07-31_13-03-28.jpg

Now to why they are called Swamp Coolers. Do you know what a rotting bog smells like? If your cooler pads go dry after operating for a while they get the most awful rotten, fishy, funky smell. It is difficult to get the smell back out but I have learned how. A Mirazime flush

2022-07-31_13-08-53.jpg
Followed with a Hydrogen Peroxide flush will usually solve the issue. In stubborn cases new pads is the only resort.

The thing is you can prevent the problem by never letting the pads get dry. Once I turn the pump on in May it does not get turned off until October.

The blue plastic pads do not suffer from the stink as much as the other two.

Alright im unfamiliar with this term, can some one get me some learning in? What is a swamp cooler?

You most likely do not live where an evaporative cooler would be useful. The RH where I live is under 30% to as low as zero most of the summer.

I've never come across laced weed in my life. Many years ago I would occasionally lick a joint and roll it in some coke, but I've never seen it in a bag. Also, anything that you could lace it with costs substantially more then the weed. Better weed or just fatter bags is all it used to take to get customers to come back :shrug:

Yeah back in the 70s they would lace shitty weed (a lot of it was shitty) with PCP. I hate that shit. You would take a hit and before you could taste the PCP it was too late.

Good Morfnoevight All You Happy Sunday Stoners!

Enjoyed a lovely meal and company last night at some friends house.

What is the purpose for the cooler? The first thing to consider is will it function in your environment. This chart shows the efficacy in a given set of Temperature/RH combinations.

View attachment 1494834

I have used my swamp cooler all the way up to 108°F when the RH is near zero here, 105°F with 30% RH sucks.

I cool 1700 sq.ft. With this Durango 5900 CFM Evaporative Cooler.

View attachment 1494838

It uses a media called Cell Decking.

View attachment 1494839

In the past Aspen wood shavings made into a pad was the best cooler pad prior to cell decking it is about 6°F less efficient than the cell deck. The blue polyester pads perform the worst as far as cooling but they last a long time and stay clean longer.
View attachment 1494841View attachment 1494840

It is important to learn how to use a swamp cooler, unlike AC or heating you need to OPEN the house for it to work. The air passes through the cooler at one end of the house and then exits the house at the other end. There must be very little pressure from the incoming air or the house will quickly become too humid. I use the door test. Open an exterior door just a tiny crack, if the pressure pushes the door open more you need to open the windows at the end of the house more. I have installed Updux in my house that vent the air up and out through the attic. This is beneficial in two ways. First is security as the windows or doors do not need to be open for the cooler to function properly and secondly the air venting through the attic cools it some keeping the house cooler.

View attachment 1494844

Now to why they are called Swamp Coolers. Do you know what a rotting bog smells like? If your cooler pads go dry after operating for a while they get the most awful rotten, fishy, funky smell. It is difficult to get the smell back out but I have learned how. A Mirazime flush

View attachment 1494847 Followed with a Hydrogen Peroxide flush will usually solve the issue. In stubborn cases new pads is the only resort.

The thing is you can prevent the problem by never letting the pads get dry. Once I turn the pump on in May it does not get turned off until October.

The blue plastic pads do not suffer from the stink as much as the other two.

You most likely do not live where an evaporative cooler would be useful. The RH where I live is under 30% to as low as zero most of the summer.

Yeah back in the 70s they would lace shitty weed (a lot of it was shitty) with PCP. I hate that shit. You would take a hit and before you could taste the PCP it was too late.
I know I wont be able to, ill probably actually need a dehumidifier for flowering during the summer months. Although I have central a/c so temp control wont be too much of an issue even when I move. I just never heard of a swamp box before. I thought it had to do with growing, which I guess it does, for temp and humidity control. Im getting so excited an anxious. I get the keys to my new place tomorrow. Move on tuesday, tent will be set up tuesday night with pix to follow.

What’s that?!? Some girl beat your ass last night? You should smoke some weed!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::smokeit:
Yup. my harvested girl kept me up all early this morning. I wanted to 'do her up' well, so she got m full attention as I listened to stand up.:eyebrows:

I'm drying a little different this time. I wanted to dry her whole and standing up, but I needed to get rid of a bunch of burned tips..........dunno why she got that......so I just did it in colas. All I'll have to do is buck the buds of the colas and bag her up. I've got it in the cardboard box I made last year and I put that inside the little tent in the grow room. It'll be the coolest, 73*F, and at this time of year, closer to better humidity.
It seems when I do the dry in brown paper bags, I kinda think my terps suffer in the cure. I didn't want that to happen with this girl with her funky smells.
This should be a very productive hash squisher bud. I saved quite a bit of sugar leaf and she was VERY generous with the frost.
The finger and scissor hash was quite good this morning! She's definitely on the regrow list, but I'll grow her naturally the next time with minimal LST

What is the purpose for the cooler?
For cooling my lung room aka basement most of the time my temp down here is between 60-80f and 40-60%rh for most of the year. I have been trying to manage that better and looking at all options. I have seen those cardboard style coolers before didn't think of one of those thanks for all the useful info i need to read that a few more times to understand completely:thanks::pass:

Im getting that $50 voucher....stay away lmao. Jk jk. But I do really want it to pick up some Barneys tangerine dream....
To bad just playing.. I got some Dutch passion Glueberry OG.. can't wait to grow theirs....heard good things....

To bad just playing.. I got some Dutch passion Glueberry OG.. can't wait to grow theirs....heard good things....
The new raffle already started, i keep posting before im done typing lol. Doing this on a phone is a hassle sometimes, ive heard good things too, but I really wanna see what barneys brings to the table. That tangerine dream looks tasty and says it will need support for the buds as they tend to crumble under their own weight! I also wanted to try their blueberry haze.

I just have read that feeding till harvest can effect the flavor and how well it burns. Its all just skeptical to be honest. I think it was mainly blogs and stuff Ive read that on.
The hardest part is finding a community to debate with rather than argue whos right or wrong
I don't think anyone wants to debate or argue here :d5:Just grow some weed and have a good time I mean that in the nicest way possible:pighug::pass:

Lot of older people and old souls on here, and we've realized we each have our own style that we developed that works for us, maybe only us, but that don't mean anyone else's is wrong.
Large amounts of cannabis will keep you fairly humble in most cases :smoking: :pass:

Naw, were just stoned to get up off the couch and fight then 10 min. later we forget.
:yeahthat: Facts :rofl::pass:

I know I was messing with you...I won that one on my bday....
No offense taken but Im a debater. I was in debate club in highschool so I like hearing counterpoints and stats to back it up. But in this forum im never going to say im right or wrong, just gather persectives and share what Ive heard or read...informal debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back