Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's funny how they get set in a routine.
XAnNoh9.gif

I veered off to germ techniques cuz those ways help get stubborn seeds to pop! If after soaking there is no tail u can put seed between your teeth and gently bite down enough to split side of seed shell open! Helps for them seeds with a thick shell thats not wanting to open on its own!

What is your germination method? I just drop a bean in a shot glass of filtered water from the fridge or RO water for 24hrs, then plant in a presoaked pot.

Edit: Should have mentioned, I'm 100% germ rate this way.
I soak in filtered H20 with a touch of humic acid and kelp for 12-24 hours. Then straight into a root riot pre-soaked with 6.0 water and into (for hydro) a hydro-cloner at 80-82 F and 70% RH.

If I see no cracking after the soak I will sometimes soak in H2O2 solution. Used to do paper towel but kept on tearing the root tips.

I veered off to germ techniques cuz those ways help get stubborn seeds to pop! If after soaking there is no tail u can put seed between your teeth and gently bite down enough to split side of seed shell open! Helps for them seeds with a thick shell thats not wanting to open on its own!
Haven't tried that one before.

I soak in filtered H20 with a touch of humic acid and kelp for 12-24 hours. Then strain into a root riot pre-soaked with 6.0 water and into (for hydro) a hydro-cloner at 80-82 F and 70% RH.

If I see no cracking after the soak I will sometimes soak in H2O2 solution. Used to do paper towel but kept on tearing the root tips.
Very similar to my method then, except mine go straight to final pot. I usually presoak with some Megacrop and Sea-K. Hopefully you get things dialed in!

Yeah, I read how some people use sand paper at times. That sounds a bit excessive to me.

Old or new seeds, I roll up some sandpaper and shake dem beans! It roughs up the exact areas you want the water to be absorbed, right along the split in the seed. All I really do is just take the sheen off.

Yeah, I read how some people use sand paper at times. That sounds a bit excessive to me.
Too funny in the timing!

I think it's funny how they get set in a routine. Even more funny is when they try to tell you it’s TIME MF'R!!!
I had one dog that would get her leash when it was time for her walk. I don't know for sure, but I think she learned how to tell time by my clock on the wall. Her timing was uncannily accurate. Spooky at times!
An Example: On time change days, she still got the time correct. :yoinks: :yoinks:
My Mom had a male cat that would let you know when he wanted to go out. He was a pretty vocal cat and would talk to you and answer to his name immediately. Standing by the door he wanted to go out, "OUT!" was VERY clear and he never vocalized like that any other time.
Oh yea…..this guy will wake out of a sound sleep to let you know it’s time to eat…..practically down to the second

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back