Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shes so so cute heres a few of zeta doing her posing also a few plant pics of my super sativa seed club ones in sohums live soil .also @arty zan so nice to see you back i was a little worried
Screenshot_20210815-185311_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200809_014011_com.whatsapp.jpg
Screenshot_20201226_162248_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
20210916_105113.jpg
20210916_105116.jpg
20210916_105119.jpg

I’m setting one up as we speak. Just ordered some stuff off Amazon.
high pressure probably talking about hooking up to your home water sink or garden hose valve. Low pressure could be gravity feed.
This is what I ordered to fool around with.
FF4A47A2-1E36-445C-A2D9-C6CF7F8A8411.png

I got the 110v solenoid and will control it with a WiFi receptacle

Attachments

• F14DCEAC-4CB8-4D95-BE11-0DC2B36AF03E.png
    F14DCEAC-4CB8-4D95-BE11-0DC2B36AF03E.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
Hey @St. Tom
Thanks for the concern bro!:bighug:
PC broke and had to get a new part, lack of cash didn't help.
everything is now fixed and I back in fighting fit form.
The pic of the Candydawg shows that she is the biggest in the room (in the group photo she is top right).:dancer:
Currently trying to make a drip system for the girls, so I can max their growth with multiple feeds a day!
AFN has little on drip systems, that I can find.
I wish I had a larger tent and I would use autopots but my space is a bit too small.

How’s it going, folks?

@arty zan I’ve got an autopot system that worked great for two grows… If your water isn’t super hard like mine, You should go for it. I’m reaallllyyyy thinking about getting back into growing once I figure out my houses electrical issue.
We’ve had high bills and electrical outlets and lights that quit working. If I wasn’t worried about the place going up in flames, I’d pop a few beans, Descale my autopot rigs and grow some monsters again.

I’m setting one up as we speak. Just ordered some stuff off Amazon.
high pressure probably talking about hooking up to your home water sink or garden hose valve. Low pressure could be gravity feed.
You are quite right high pressure is either mains supply or using a high L/H (Gal/H) pump.
To my understanding a High Pressure system will operate at 4 Bar or higher.
For this 13mm (inner dia) LDPE pipe is recommended and if adding 4mm (inner dia) tubbing, 14-16 PSI (3 Bar) is recommended as the highest pressure to use or you will blow your lines.
For a high pressure feed system (using nutes) a pump of 500L - 1000L is recommended to give a good pressure. Then a pressure regulator is added to regulate the pressure going to the 4mm (inner dia) tubes and fittings which are often rated at 17 PSI.
Then an inline filter to help preventing blockages.
At the end of the 4mm (inner dia) tubes "PC" Pressure Compensated drippers are added.
PC drippers/misters regulate the amount of feed allowed through each dripper such as 0.5, 1.0 & 2.0 Liter per hour for example.
A manifold can also be used for 4 mm (inner dia) tubes.
The Octabubbler has 8 out ports and the manifold has interchangeable discs for 0.5, 1.0 & 2 Liter per hour flow rates.

Low pressure can be from a passive source such as a hydro bag system.
However a low pressure system can be also using a pump, with unregulated flow ports or drip rings
Low pressure drip is often used for low numbers of plants because the further down the pipe the lower the flow, which means some plants will get a ton of water and the ones at the end won't get much, if anything.
To this end adding flow valves at each station will help equalize the delivery of nutrients.

That is about the extent of my understanding so far, more research needs to be done.
I will end up buying the parts to build a high and a low pressure systems, using 13mm (inner dia) exclusively as well as 13mm (inner dia) with 4mm tubes.
So in total I will build 4 kits 2 high pressure and 2 low pressure
  1. high pressure kit 1 - 13mm (inner dia) with PC/PR drippers
  2. high pressure kit 2 - 13mm (inner dia) & 4mm (inner dia) with PC/PR drippers
  3. low pressure kit 1- 13mm (inner dia) with unregulated drippers/drip rings/hydro halos
  4. low pressure kit2 - 13mm (inner dia) & 4mm (inner dia) with unregulated drippers/drip rings
Pressure regulator, will only be used with high pressure kits.
An inline filter will be used with all kits.

all comments welcome which can lend a hand!

How’s it going, folks?

@arty zan I’ve got an autopot system that worked great for two grows… If your water isn’t super hard like mine, You should go for it. I’m reaallllyyyy thinking about getting back into growing once I figure out my houses electrical issue.
We’ve had high bills and electrical outlets and lights that quit working. If I wasn’t worried about the place going up in flames, I’d pop a few beans, Descale my autopot rigs and grow some monsters again.
Thanks bro, I did buy all the autopot gear but fitting the trays in my grow space was a challenge!
When I move and get a larger tent then I will give autopots another spin!

@arty zan - I have found that coco doesn't wick/spread they way soil does so it did not work with my blumat carrots. I think as long as your dripper system covers the whole area you should be good.
Thanks bro, that is a good point!
I will have either a drip ring with multiple drip points, such as a Hydro Halo or use 4 drippers per ring to get an even spread of nutes!

I always loved the look of the blumat drippers.
Have you had any problems with the valves sticking open?
I ask because I have seen reports of that happening.

You are quite right high pressure is either mains supply or using a high L/H (Gal/H) pump.
To my understanding a High Pressure system will operate at 4 Bar or higher.
For this 13mm (inner dia) LDPE pipe is recommended and if adding 4mm (inner dia) tubbing, 14-16 PSI (3 Bar) is recommended as the highest pressure to use or you will blow your lines.
For a high pressure feed system (using nutes) a pump of 500L - 1000L is recommended to give a good pressure. Then a pressure regulator is added to regulate the pressure going to the 4mm (inner dia) tubes and fittings which are often rated at 17 PSI.
Then an inline filter to help preventing blockages.
At the end of the 4mm (inner dia) tubes "PC" Pressure Compensated drippers are added.
PC drippers/misters regulate the amount of feed allowed through each dripper such as 0.5, 1.0 & 2.0 Liter per hour for example.
A manifold can also be used for 4 mm (inner dia) tubes.
The Octabubbler has 8 out ports and the manifold has interchangeable discs for 0.5, 1.0 & 2 Liter per hour flow rates.

Low pressure can be from a passive source such as a hydro bag system.
However a low pressure system can be also using a pump, with unregulated flow ports or drip rings
Low pressure drip is often used for low numbers of plants because the further down the pipe the lower the flow, which means some plants will get a ton of water and the ones at the end won't get much, if anything.
To this end adding flow valves at each station will help equalize the delivery of nutrients.

That is about the extent of my understanding so far, more research needs to be done.
I will end up buying the parts to build a high and a low pressure systems, using 13mm (inner dia) exclusively as well as 13mm (inner dia) with 4mm tubes.
So in total I will build 4 kits 2 high pressure and 2 low pressure
  1. high pressure kit 1 - 13mm (inner dia) with PC/PR drippers
  2. high pressure kit 2 - 13mm (inner dia) & 4mm (inner dia) with PC/PR drippers
  3. low pressure kit 1- 13mm (inner dia) with unregulated drippers/drip rings/hydro halos
  4. low pressure kit2 - 13mm (inner dia) & 4mm (inner dia) with unregulated drippers/drip rings
Pressure regulator, will only be used with high pressure kits.
An inline filter will be used with all kits.

all comments welcome which can lend a hand!
Omg is arty stepping out of the micro realm

Thanks bro, that is a good point!
I will have either a drip ring with multiple drip points, such as a Hydro Halo or use 4 drippers per ring to get an even spread of nutes!

I always loved the look of the blumat drippers.
Have you had any problems with the valves sticking open?
I ask because I have seen reports of that happening.
I got them hydro halos and returned them as they don’t put out an even flow of water so pots had mad dry pockets in the soil! Had to hand water afterwards and then immediately took em out and cleaned em up and sent em back! Didn’t seem like near enough holes in them distributing the water!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back