Status
Not open for further replies.
20210909_142920.jpg

I love!

Can't tell you which was cuter, the ears too big for her head stage
View attachment 1364575

Or the one up one down stage
View attachment 1364576

I'm just glad we got through the landshark stage fairly quickly, the kids were terrified of her for the first few months. Quality training early on got that overwith pretty quickly. Never really went through the "German Shredder" stage with her, I was pretty meticulous with keeping on the kids to keep their crap put up, had slowly increased how much of the apartment she had access to, and kept her plenty mentally stimulated. I see pictures of people who leave them unsupervised from early on and their 2+ year olds are ripping up the couch or turning over the trash cans and scattering the content everywhere lmao. Pet peeve of mine when people get these dogs and think food and shelter is all they need. Then people wonder why so many of them (and huskies, omg btdt) end up in shelters.

Sorry, rant over. Currently...
View attachment 1364580
Usually when we go to bed she tries to sleep like people. Head on the pillow, under the covers, taking up half the bed :crying:
My Lady was such a sweet dog. She never tore up a thing. She stayed outside when I was in school. I always played with her when I first got home. Mom had clothes hung outside and she never touched a thing. She loved playing ball and LOVED learning new tricks and she caught on VERY quickly.
I STILL haven't forgiven my sister for giving her away when I was on vacation with Mom and Dad. I never could get a straight answer from her why she did it, but I think she got scared of her when Dad asked her to feed and water her while we were gone.

As soon as we got home, it hit the fan. I was totally freaked my dog was gone. Dad called her and the convo sure wasn't cordial. She could't tell him why either. She was married and lived lake side about 20 miles away.

I had just bought a brand new bike, so it was put into service. I told Mom and Dad I was going to play with friends, but off to the lake I went. Dad got a call from the Sheriff's department a few hours later. My POS brother-in-law had busted me upside the head and knocked me out when I was talking very heatedly with my sister. She freaked and called the cops. Before the cops or ambulance could get there, I came to. They had moved me to a couch and were in another room. My ears were still ringing, but I quickly figured out what happened. I was only 11, but I was pretty big for my age. Next to the couch was a chair with my brother-in-law's baseball gear and guess what was there!
Yeah, you guessed it...................a BAT! I was the leading home run player in Little League that year!:biggrin::eyebrows: It was gonna be on!
I clipped that bastard in one knee and brought him to the ground and proceeded to beat the holy hell out of him. As mad and dazed as I was, I had enough sense to not hit him the head. I would have killed him outright. The one Deputy got there a few minutes after his ass beating began. Luckily he knew me and Dad. I was screaming and crying as I was beating his ass. He was able to calm me enough get me to put the bat down.
Poor ol' beat up Don had to be taken to the hospital, where he had to stay for over a week! LOL! Pop didn't press charges, even though Mom insisted. Pop said to her, "Momma, don't you think he has suffered enough to spend a week in the hospital and have to live down that his 40 some odd year old ass got beat by an 11yr old?":funny::funny::funny:
Several years later, I stopped to render aid at a wreck and that same Deputy responded. He recognized me somehow. He chuckled and told me he had a rough time in trying NOT to laugh his ass off when he saw me beating him and how he was screaming and crying with every lick.:funny::funny:
At least my sister had enough sense to finally dump that old bastard. shortly after that.......he was 20yrs older than her.

Anyway, I love you guys posting pic of your dogs, especially the German Shepherds!

Love the looks of the black GSDs! Our girl is a silver Sable and people are always confused on what she is since she's not the usual black and tan. I've had several people ask if she's a mal mix and I'm just like, nope, no where near that much of a neurotic mess :rofl:

Love the looks of the black GSDs! Our girl is a silver Sable and people are always confused on what she is since she's not the usual black and tan. I've had several people ask if she's a mal mix and I'm just like, nope, no where near that much of a neurotic mess :rofl:
Oooooooooo. If yours a male. And in states. We may need to talk in a year.
I WANT silver sable genetics. Lol. Love sables. Blacks and livers are cool too. I'm a shep fan for sure.

My Lady was such a sweet dog. She never tore up a thing. She stayed outside when I was in school. I always played with her when I first got home. Mom had clothes hung outside and she never touched a thing. She loved playing ball and LOVED learning new tricks and she caught on VERY quickly.
I STILL haven't forgiven my sister for giving her away when I was on vacation with Mom and Dad. I never could get a straight answer from her why she did it, but I think she got scared of her when Dad asked her to feed and water her while we were gone.

As soon as we got home, it hit the fan. I was totally freaked my dog was gone. Dad called her and the convo sure wasn't cordial. She could't tell him why either. She was married and lived lake side about 20 miles away.

I had just bought a brand new bike, so it was put into service. I told Mom and Dad I was going to play with friends, but off to the lake I went. Dad got a call from the Sheriff's department a few hours later. My POS brother-in-law had busted me upside the head and knocked me out when I was talking very heatedly with my sister. She freaked and called the cops. Before the cops or ambulance could get there, I came to. They had moved me to a couch and were in another room. My ears were still ringing, but I quickly figured out what happened. I was only 11, but I was pretty big for my age. Next to the couch was a chair with my brother-in-law's baseball gear and guess what was there!
Yeah, you guessed it...................a BAT! I was the leading home run player in Little League that year!:biggrin::eyebrows: It was gonna be on!
I clipped that bastard in one knee and brought him to the ground and proceeded to beat the holy hell out of him. As mad and dazed as I was, I had enough sense to not hit him the head. I would have killed him outright. The one Deputy got there a few minutes after his ass beating began. Luckily he knew me and Dad. I was screaming and crying as I was beating his ass. He was able to calm me enough get me to put the bat down.
Poor ol' beat up Don had to be taken to the hospital, where he had to stay for over a week! LOL! Pop didn't press charges, even though Mom insisted. Pop said to her, "Momma, don't you think he has suffered enough to spend a week in the hospital and have to live down that his 40 some odd year old ass got beat by an 11yr old?":funny::funny::funny:
Several years later, I stopped to render aid at a wreck and that same Deputy responded. He recognized me somehow. He chuckled and told me he had a rough time in trying NOT to laugh his ass off when he saw me beating him and how he was screaming and crying with every lick.:funny::funny:
At least my sister had enough sense to finally dump that old bastard. shortly after that.......he was 20yrs older than her.

Anyway, I love you guys posting pic of your dogs, especially the German Shepherds!
Just after reading the first little bit I was thinking "I would have gone to jail" lmao. I'm glad you were able to bring him down a few pegs though. I can't imagine giving away someone else's dog like that... feel like that would have been worth pressing some kind of charges on tbh.

I have lost count at the number of dogs we have had , I have 2 boys and a duaghter from 21 to 30 years old . and they all have had dogs starting from when they where very young . A lot had a hard life as they where pig dogs [ Hunting ] here they are used to bail up wild pigs so we can stab them in the heart . My daughter is a better hunter than the boys , and the youngest 21 , she also out fishers them , she has 3 dogs at the moment .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back