Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody vehicles. Just forked out 750 quid to mot car now my van dash is lit like a Christmas tree. Anybody know anything about ford transit vans? Never rains, but it pours
Life sometimes tastes like a shit sandwich.
:help:
Atleast I have some bud and I am still alive.
Cheers
EP3
new enough to hook up a OBDII ?

Good Morfnoevight All! spent 3.5 hours at the DMV today. I gave them some more money. and now have more time to get the truck smogged!
Gotta do that tomorrow myself. Took all day to get hold of agent to get it added to my policy.

It's getting near impossible to get a modded vehicle inspected in Cali now. A stock vehicle isn't that much better.

Mine don't get sniffed in this new county. :cheers:
Yeah, they tried that in Florida for a year......we said, naw, no thanks and got it taken out.

Bloody vehicles. Just forked out 750 quid to mot car now my van dash is lit like a Christmas tree. Anybody know anything about ford transit vans? Never rains, but it pours
Life sometimes tastes like a shit sandwich.
:help:
Atleast I have some bud and I am still alive.
Cheers
EP3
I’d invest in one of those obd scanners/readers could just be bs.. the reader will tell ya what codes your throwing

It's getting near impossible to get a modded vehicle inspected in Cali now. A stock vehicle isn't that much better.

Mine don't get sniffed in this new county. :cheers:
Yeah man i can't live in Cali, i have modded cars and firearms and i understand cali laws so i won't even visit the state. i have only been there once and it was in the desert training to go to iraq while i was in the army. pretty state but ruined by some bullshit laws.

Can't wait to get those beaver seeds in the mail and try this out. this autopot was much bigger than i thought it would be :eek:
20210826_183139.jpg

OBD VEHICLE?
No it is an old 1992 Toyota 22re. I bought it 6 years ago but it has been sitting 5 of those years. It needed quite a bit of work for deferred maintenance I have caught up to all of that. The Smog problem was unknown until I took it for the test yesterday. It is running way too rich. There are several possibilities. The truck is completely stock so it is just a matter of tacking down the failed smog part. It has 2 - O² sensors one in front of the catalytic converter and one after. These top the list of suspects and even thought they were new when I parked the truck they need to be tested. Then there are a few vacuum operated switches that could be leaking or a leaky cold start injector ....... blah blah blah.

I have a guy. He is on vacation until next week.

Ps A 4wd truck just like mine just went at auction for 17K so it is worth fixing. Mine is very clean now.

Yeah man i can't live in Cali, i have modded cars and firearms and i understand cali laws so i won't even visit the state. i have only been there once and it was in the desert training to go to iraq while i was in the army. pretty state but ruined by some bullshit laws.
The next to the last time I was in Cali, I was pulled over by CHP. I was towing my loaded race trailer to Famoso. He TRIED to search my trailer, but I called him on it and got a shift supv on the spot. It didn't go to well for him. Many other racers told me the same story, but they let them search. They were looking for race fuel! Expending that many resources on a very limited use is pathetic at best.

The last time was a friggin blast! LOL! I went with my friend to a guy that I wanted to tune his 14 Mustang GT after we swapped the converter and installed the nitrous system I designed, not the failed one I told him NOT to get! LOL! Mine was direct port with far better controls. We went thru 4 bottles of nitrous coming from Sacramento to El Paso. We were picking on all sorts of cars that thought they were quick on the street.:eyebrows::eyebrows:
We passed thru Phoenix at dusk on Saturday night, so we had to spend some time at the weekly car show at "The Pav". I knew most of the cars and drivers. We had lots of fun!

No it is an old 1992 Toyota 22re. I bought it 6 years ago but it has been sitting 5 of those years. It needed quite a bit of work for deferred maintenance I have caught up to all of that. The Smog problem was unknown until I took it for the test yesterday. It is running way too rich. There are several possibilities. The truck is completely stock so it is just a matter of tacking down the failed smog part. It has 2 - O² sensors one in front of the catalytic converter and one after. These top the list of suspects and even thought they were new when I parked the truck they need to be tested. Then there are a few vacuum operated switches that could be leaking or a leaky cold start injector ....... blah blah blah.

I have a guy. He is on vacation until next week.

Ps A 4wd truck just like mine just went at auction for 17K so it is worth fixing. Mine is very clean now.
Those were great little trucks WELL worth keeping and fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back