Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Research companion planting.
Three basic methods:
1. Plant to attract bad bugs away from your cash crop
2. Plant to attract beneficial bugs
3. Plant to keep bad bugs away

I think the least effective is attracting bad bugs away.

2 and 3 are most effective along with release of bennies

I been mixing 3 tsp citric acid crystals and a tsp of Castille soap (as a surfactant) in a liter of water. It melts aphids on contact. It works a little slower on spider mites, but they disappear overnight. The plants don't seem to mind it at all. If it gets washed into the soil it could lower pH (not an issue indoors since no rain). It's water soluble, so I've been rinsing my harvest before I hang it.
That's pretty strong!

Research companion planting.
Three basic methods:
1. Plant to attract bad bugs away from your cash crop
2. Plant to attract beneficial bugs
3. Plant to keep bad bugs away

I think the least effective is attracting bad bugs away.

2 and 3 are most effective along with release of bennies
I have those lacewing larvae/ ladybug larvae/ assassin bugs/ and 2 kinds of predator mites so got an army of different beneficial bugs but I unfortunately added too late after was already an outbreak but crazy part is as infested as the cucumbers were the damn tomatillos are totally fine! They literally grow so close together that some cucumber vines had wrapped around tomatillo branches and were using them to continue climbing! Also ordered a good battery powered sprayer but the 1st one I received had a leak and would trickle out the end of wand even when not squeezing the trigger so amazon did a refund so I could order a replacement sprayer since this couldn’t be shipped back due to battery inside!
image.jpg

Freaking $70 sprayer and amazon did refund AND THEN TOLD ME TO KEEP THE BROKEN 1!!!!:yay:
Gonna take parts off the new 1 and swap em over 1 at a time til I figure out why 1st one was leaking and then I’ll order that part so I have 2 working sprayers! Many a time had amazon do a refund and then say keep the item but never on something so expensive AND ESPECIALLY NOT SOMETHING U COULD GET WORKING FOR EXTRA CHEAP! I think what’s wrong is the valve inside handle that opens and closes when u squeeze trigger is getting stuck open just a smidge so gonna disassemble handle and try to fix or I’ll order replacement 1 for the whopping $9 I saw it listed for on their website! :headbang:

I have something to kill when I see it next! Looked like it ate other instructs not plants so I didn’t kill it I just knocked off the cucumber plants but last night dude showed me I chose wrong option! :cuss::cuss:

Found yet another adult green lacewing fluttering around the front porch!
9C215BE0-3C21-47DA-95C0-009E72203C83.jpeg

Then I spotted this guy chilling on the wall nearby!
4E3B3640-5550-4127-9EC8-057269569154.jpeg

And didn’t get a pic cuz tried to knock dude down to save the lacewing but just after the above pic dude made a huge leap and bit ahold of the damn lacewing by his noggin! Either that or like them assassin bugs this dude may have a rostrum (beak) and he may have shoved it into the lil guys skull! Either way bastard killed it and earned himself a death sentence!!!!

That's pretty strong!
I saw some recipes online that used 2 tsp of citric acid per liter. I had a bad case of "spider mite anxiety" and went with the higher recommendation. I'm inspecting the bottoms of the leaves weekly now with a 50x scope, and will spray if I find 1 mite or eggs, before they have a chance to multiply.

I have those lacewing larvae/ ladybug larvae/ assassin bugs/ and 2 kinds of predator mites so got an army of different beneficial bugs but I unfortunately added too late after was already an outbreak but crazy part is as infested as the cucumbers were the damn tomatillos are totally fine! They literally grow so close together that some cucumber vines had wrapped around tomatillo branches and were using them to continue climbing! Also ordered a good battery powered sprayer but the 1st one I received had a leak and would trickle out the end of wand even when not squeezing the trigger so amazon did a refund so I could order a replacement sprayer since this couldn’t be shipped back due to battery inside!
View attachment 1359587

Freaking $70 sprayer and amazon did refund AND THEN TOLD ME TO KEEP THE BROKEN 1!!!!:yay:
Gonna take parts off the new 1 and swap em over 1 at a time til I figure out why 1st one was leaking and then I’ll order that part so I have 2 working sprayers! Many a time had amazon do a refund and then say keep the item but never on something so expensive AND ESPECIALLY NOT SOMETHING U COULD GET WORKING FOR EXTRA CHEAP! I think what’s wrong is the valve inside handle that opens and closes when u squeeze trigger is getting stuck open just a smidge so gonna disassemble handle and try to fix or I’ll order replacement 1 for the whopping $9 I saw it listed for on their website! :headbang:
This makes me think of the 2nd Greatest exterminator of all time
thumb_rvs-are-a-ne-way-ticket-to-meth-addiction-dale-gribble-20890744.png

Damn box that came yesterday the cat couldn’t fit inside so she made due with laying on top of it! :rofl:
A6D01450-FE78-4B3B-AA8C-ADF18172255B.jpeg
48085B86-3B27-4811-B1CE-E0EBECD57AF1.jpeg

Todays box that sprayer came in I left in hallway about 5MIN while I attached wand onto it and came back to this!
AAB6EE29-F368-4EAC-BE4C-AED3DBA4981A.jpeg
7217A370-1A1A-43B2-8586-38EC230C7D51.jpeg
65838E4E-7B94-4D3B-8F90-9A6267D062B8.jpeg
65AEE0C3-EB28-48CF-A943-788B18776BD1.jpeg

Was confused at 1st cuz box wasn’t feeling empty and wasn’t til I had it standing upright and damn cat was staring straight up at me that I finally put 2+2 together! :doh:

Obviously u can see that I had to go get my phone 1st so I could get some pics before I laid box back on it’s side so she could get out of it! ;)
:kitty:

Damn box that came yesterday the cat couldn’t fit inside so she made due with laying on top of it! :rofl:
View attachment 1359598View attachment 1359599
Todays box that sprayer came in I left in hallway about 5MIN while I attached wand onto it and came back to this! View attachment 1359600View attachment 1359601View attachment 1359602View attachment 1359603
Was confused at 1st cuz box wasn’t feeling empty and wasn’t til I had it standing upright and damn cat was staring straight up at me that I finally put 2+2 together! :doh:

Obviously u can see that I had to go get my phone 1st so I could get some pics before I laid box back on it’s side so she could get out of it! ;)
:kitty:
Lol sound about right I keep every Amazon box for at least 48 hours for my cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back