Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oooh..now theres a Thought if you sit on the patio licking Frogs.....:crying:

Afternoon @Boognelson87 ... :pass: ...yup same here.
Your day needs to turn around...and if it ain't Done by Noon....it is not getting done.

The farmer is in our field with two tractors.
Unusual..coz mostly they take August off completely.

We are Hoping he is doing alfalfa again....:biggrin:...it makes us look as if we have a lovely manicured lawn....without any work.....:crying:

Afternoon @Boognelson87 ... :pass: ...yup same here.
Your day needs to turn around...and if it ain't Done by Noon....it is not getting done.

The farmer is in our field with two tractors.
Unusual..coz mostly they take August off completely.

We are Hoping he is doing alfalfa again....:biggrin:...it makes us look as if we have a lovely manicured lawn....without any work.....:crying:
I soil test for fertilizing companies. 80 hour weeks in fall for farmers. Coming soon. This week farmers here have been in fields. They were able to get corn in a tad earlier this year and are cutting silage for cows. Are you seeing them in cornfields? My guess he's got dairy cows maybe? Work just may be starting a tad sooner for me here looks like. Won't be on here as much

I soil test for fertilizing companies. 80 hour weeks in fall for farmers. Coming soon. This week farmers here have been in fields. They were able to get corn in a tad earlier this year and are cutting silage for cows. Are you seeing them in cornfields? My guess he's got dairy cows maybe? Work just may be starting a tad sooner for me here looks like. Won't be on here as much

Yeah...stepdad and brother were agri engineers....in autumn when the farmers were harvesting they could be out for days...you just stayed with the harvest...slept where you fell...

Normally in August there is no irrigation water....but since the Flood I Think they are keeping the resevoiur levels down....so we've had water through the last two summers... :headbang: ...

September is ressurection month here....things die off and dry off July/Aug..then suddenly spring back to life Sept...

Off the top of anyones head....me peppers are getting bottom fruit rot...is that Cal deficiency....?

Yeah...stepdad and brother were agri engineers....in autumn when the farmers were harvesting they could be out for days...you just stayed with the harvest...slept where you fell...

Normally in August there is no irrigation water....but since the Flood I Think they are keeping the resevoiur levels down....so we've had water through the last two summers... :headbang: ...

September is ressurection month here....things die off and dry off July/Aug..then suddenly spring back to life Sept...

Off the top of anyones head....me peppers are getting bottom fruit rot...is that Cal deficiency....?
so you at least know the "hustle" lol. Hasn't changed much. Last year we slept in trucks a couple times and used a grill on tailgate when did out of state work with covid(work in 4 states). Might be going down again this year.Alot of days I get home 1130pm up at 330 am to take care of my plants then go to work. Or do plants til 1230 at night and go to bed and get a hopeful 4 hours. Longest day for me so far in 7 years is 21 hours. Not uncommon some weeks to work 7 days straight.

Unsure on the peppers.

I think its is cal issue in peppers but unsure i have not had that yet with my peppers , i know in tomatoes its watering inconsistently

@Mossy in late spring and summer we have been doing a project for universities. "N watch". We test monthly or bi monthly in fields for anhydrous mainly nitrogen since it's a free moving element. There dumping too much nitrogen on these fields and it's just washing into waterways. Were seeing how fast it moves and where. Farmers are cutting more and more grass edging away so it's easier for this to make it to creeks and such. Causing alot of problems down in the gulf. Only a matter of time before government steps in controlling fertilizer usage

Did you know bill gates is now the number one farm land owner in USA now? Not good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back