Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you at least know the "hustle" lol. Hasn't changed much. Last year we slept in trucks a couple times and used a grill on tailgate when did out of state work with covid(work in 4 states). Might be going down again this year.Alot of days I get home 1130pm up at 330 am to take care of my plants then go to work. Or do plants til 1230 at night and go to bed and get a hopeful 4 hours. Longest day for me so far in 7 years is 21 hours. Not uncommon some weeks to work 7 days straight.

Unsure on the peppers.

Yup..my mother and S-I-L just used to ring to find out which fields they were in and take packed lunches for them.. :headbang:

The N thing has already Hit here..all the small farmers have had to go a course about it..and if you don't you are not allowed to buy chemical in anything except 1ltrs.
Been like that for 4 or 5 years now. All about the run off into the irrigation canals...:pass:

I think its is cal issue in peppers but unsure i have not had that yet with my peppers , i know in tomatoes its watering inconsistently

Cheers @Zeromitch ..:headbang:

Yup..my mother and S-I-L just used to ring to find out which fields they were in and take packed lunches for them.. :headbang:

The N thing has already Hit here..all the small farmers have had to go a course about it..and if you don't you are not allowed to buy chemical in anything except 1ltrs.
Been like that for 4 or 5 years now. All about the run off into the irrigation canals...:pass:

Cheers @Zeromitch ..:headbang:
Yikes. Our program has until 2025 here. If we do not figure it out or an alternative they get involved. We had a 2 hour meeting on this about a year back. We are not gonna get it under control so they will be interfering then. Personally they should sooner. It amazes me how much that just blanket spread stuff on..

Yikes. Our program has until 2025 here. If we do not figure it out or an alternative they get involved. We had a 2 hour meeting on this about a year back. We are not gonna get it under control so they will be interfering then. Personally they should sooner. It amazes me how much that just blanket spread stuff on..

Over here they use 46%N on the citrus...they need it twice a year...and..we have Lots of citrus.
Plus..the old style soakaway cess tanks have been outlawed... :headbang:

Over here they use 46%N on the citrus...they need it twice a year...and..we have Lots of citrus.
Plus..the old style soakaway cess tanks have been outlawed... :headbang:
Interesting. There's a few programs here. Some are still in the manure program. Those fields are fun after a heavily sprayed manure field in the heat lol. You can... Uh.. smell the money? As they say... All I smell is shit lol!! Some are using UAN 32.

Decided it was time to just tear down the old so I can plant anew! Damn cucumbers were far too infested with aphids to attempt saving them! Had already cut off over 1/2 the leafs on them and even with constant spraying they seemed to keep multiplying! I did go ahead and pull off the ladybug larvae as I tore them down so I could move em! :headbang:
6F44405D-8E8C-437D-B3C6-1C7A4407A5FA.jpeg
B69FC479-A888-4207-B0A5-E92B40067D7E.jpeg
EB6D4DE8-07FB-4D27-BB26-FEF23313B3B0.jpeg
C5F28769-4B71-444F-95CB-329AC3471900.jpeg
80D8AD03-5C97-459F-BBF1-15C0806050B3.jpeg
71BC399A-EC19-4440-86FA-76DDF488775F.jpeg
ADCF0C3C-1854-4B3D-BED0-EDAA06F20F2D.jpeg

My lil army of assassin bugs I released! Arbico organics is legit for beneficial bugs! Got lacewing larvae to start and seemed skimpy for 1000 plus had some dead ones so they refunded the cost AND THEN STILL SENT THESE FOR FREE! Did basically an equal cost replacement which was 250 assassin bugs and the larvae were $24 but they were having buy 1 get 1 free on these lil guys and even tho mine were free I still got the extra dish like I had paid for them! Great customer service for sure! Can’t beat free stuff!:cooldance:
D58904C7-A29B-4693-AD57-1EF0A33B7EEE.jpeg

224622E9-F5BA-4C50-9880-4E8D645D6B0C.jpeg

Anyone know a sure fire pest control method for aphids! Neem oil & insecticidal soap both didn’t seem to work worth a damn and had too many already to be able to tell if the pure crop1 stuff I got is gonna work on them! Damn aphids are like a demon hoard straight from out your nightmares apparently AND I USED TO THINK FUNGUS GNATS WERE BAD! :nono:

Attachments

• B4D70EF5-0D36-4730-8F10-3C65E697E5A3.jpeg
    B4D70EF5-0D36-4730-8F10-3C65E697E5A3.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 10
Decided it was time to just tear down the old so I can plant anew! Damn cucumbers were far too infested with aphids to attempt saving them! Had already cut off over 1/2 the leafs on them and even with constant spraying they seemed to keep multiplying! I did go ahead and pull off the ladybug larvae as I tore them down so I could move em! :headbang:
View attachment 1359566View attachment 1359567View attachment 1359568View attachment 1359569View attachment 1359570View attachment 1359571View attachment 1359573
My lil army of assassin bugs I released! Arbico organics is legit for beneficial bugs! Got lacewing larvae to start and seemed skimpy for 1000 plus had some dead ones so they refunded the cost AND THEN STILL SENT THESE FOR FREE! Did basically an equal cost replacement which was 250 assassin bugs and the larvae were $24 but they were having buy 1 get 1 free on these lil guys and even tho mine were free I still got the extra dish like I had paid for them! Great customer service for sure! Can’t beat free stuff!:cooldance: View attachment 1359576
View attachment 1359575

Anyone know a sure fire pest control method for aphids! Neem oil & insecticidal soap both didn’t seem to work worth a damn and had too many already to be able to tell if the pure crop1 stuff I got is gonna work on them! Damn aphids are like a demon hoard straight from out your nightmares apparently AND I USED TO THINK FUNGUS GNATS WERE BAD! :nono:
Actually a good flow of water to knock them off the plant. Aphids are always feeding with their mouth parts embedded in the plant sucking away. The flow of water knocks them off with the mouthpart still attached to the plant.

I sprayed with water hose in between spraying the different pesticides and didn’t even seem to knock the dead ones off! Even spider mites on my tomatillo plants I was able to knock out fairly quickly but these damn aphids driving me loco! :cuss::finger:

Anyone know a sure fire pest control method for aphids!
I been mixing 3 tsp citric acid crystals and a tsp of Castille soap (as a surfactant) in a liter of water. It melts aphids on contact. It works a little slower on spider mites, but they disappear overnight. The plants don't seem to mind it at all. If it gets washed into the soil it could lower pH (not an issue indoors since no rain). It's water soluble, so I've been rinsing my harvest before I hang it.

I been mixing 3 tsp citric acid crystals and a tsp of Castille soap (as a surfactant) in a liter of water. It melts aphids on contact. It works a little slower on spider mites, but they disappear overnight. The plants don't seem to mind it at all. If it gets washed into the soil it could lower pH (not an issue indoors since no rain). It's water soluble, so I've been rinsing my harvest before I hang it.
Isn’t that what makes pickles crunchier?

How’s everyone doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back