Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why I said u may wanna leave the cover off at first so u can easily topwater without worrying about potentially breaking baby plant stems! Especially having 3 under same cover! I’d leave off til big enough u can fill reservoir and also big enough stem won’t snap if cover slips out your hand when taking the elastic off! :d5:
i was thinking i would just cut the cover and just tape it back up once finished nice and safe if i can

Extras I have!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Big one ain’t for trade but would consider selling it! Maybe!
image.jpg

i was thinking i would just cut the cover and just tape it back up once finished nice and safe if i can
That should def work especially since those covers seem thicker then earthbox ones! Theirs are just like a plastic shower cap basically!

Do any of you fine folk watch/have watched "The Wire" from HBO? I am rewatching it currently. I forgot how amazing that show is. The storylines and writing are some of the best this guy has ever seen. I highly recommend watching it if you are looking for a great show.

Yeah you don't have to be so cautious with autos, i chopped/defoliating a 3 week old sprout down to nothing and she ended up 3rd biggest plant of the 8, like @420Forever said if it touches soil it gets chopped off and for me if i see leaves covering up bud sites i chop them off i don't care how old the plant is i cut off bud cover uppers :shrug:and those poor sucker branches don't last long with me either :smoking:
I don't LST until i am forced to and i doubt it is called LST at that point :crying: more of me just adding supports when things get heavy. i did LST on my 1st autos and they stayed small so i avoided as got taller versions and what i wanted so i just let them grow until they need me to add bamboo and wire ties for help lol
Thanks for the advice once again buddy, still being too cautious as you can see haha. Still trying to get rid of all the misinformation I have got in my head from researching on the wrong sites. I'm going to start treating them a bit more like my photos I think, cautiously of cause lol. The bottom leaves that are causing me grief will be coming off this morning, like you, @420Forever and @Kyote advised, when I feed them. Have been thinking about the leaves covering budsites and the sucker branches. Not sure if I'm confident enough to touch them this first time round, but we will see.

I probably wouldn't call what I have done LST lol, just pretty much pulled the plant over on a slight angle to get some light to the lower branches. I watched a video on YouTube last night on LST on Auto's, couldn't believe how rough he was with it, pretty much just pulled the top of the plant to the rim of the pot. It exposed all the lower branches to the light, something I'm keen to try next grow on a couple of plants. Cheers

Thanks for the advice once again buddy, still being too cautious as you can see haha. Still trying to get rid of all the misinformation I have got in my head from researching on the wrong sites. I'm going to start treating them a bit more like my photos I think, cautiously of cause lol. The bottom leaves that are causing me grief will be coming off this morning, like you, @420Forever and @Kyote advised, when I feed them. Have been thinking about the leaves covering budsites and the sucker branches. Not sure if I'm confident enough to touch them this first time round, but we will see.

I probably wouldn't call what I have done LST lol, just pretty much pulled the plant over on a slight angle to get some light to the lower branches. I watched a video on YouTube last night on LST on Auto's, couldn't believe how rough he was with it, pretty much just pulled the top of the plant to the rim of the pot. It exposed all the lower branches to the light, something I'm keen to try next grow on a couple of plants. Cheers

You can always do a bit of leaf tucking to move leaves out of the way as well. :thumbsup:

thanks brother, i was reading things throwing me off my game lol
If you have three girls in the EB, top water until the roots have expanded, or start the seeds in a little planter and in their own greenhouse for a few days.
Like this with a lid
A little top watering for about three days, then lightly bottom watered and removed the lid.
img_20210606_003142875_hdr-jpg.1327155

I transplanted two into their own Earthbox with this root structure at day 8 from sprout with roots like this.
img_20210608_142824874-jpg.1328243

Lighly watered the hole I dug in the media and sprinkled mikos on the transplant media and in the hole.
I added the bokashi and lightly watered it in......just enough to get it moist.
For my case. I added the elastic cove at that time. You might want to do something else. More on what should work for you later.
Like this
img_20210608_161024763_hdr-jpg.1328262

I top watered until 10 days later. If you're inside, you may be able to start a couple of days earlier.
this is the size at day 18 when I started adding SOME water to the rez........NOT filling. I added a gallon.
IMG_20210630_202454610_HDR.jpg

To help keep the rez clean and trouble free, it's best to limit the amount of water added to the rez for it to go dry in 48-72 hours.
Once I see the rez is dry, I wait until the next day before I add water again.
It's not going to hurt the roots that develop in the rez to go for that long at all.
I saw this on BAS 10X10 tent series on youtube with Jeremy. Letting the rez going dry for a day is how he runs his.
The series started before this run and I adopted that method. It has worked very well.
I also add humic acid and activated EM1 to the rez when I water. The humic acid is part of a modified KNF program I'm using. The activated EM1 is tohelp keep the rez clean and a benificial set of microbes for the media that helps to make the nutes available to feed the girls.

If I were to run 3 girls in a regular size SB, I would get some panda film, cut 3 oversize overlapping pieces. Make them big enough to overlap the sides of the EB, leaving enough room for the added compost that will be added later. Cut an X in the center of each of those sheets for your girls. Gently place your girls thru the X on each sheet. If you had a good size overlap , you can just use the clamp style paper clips to secure the film or duct tape them together if you want. You can tape up the X's if you want, just leave a little room to move the film.

From day 18 above to this Sunday using the methods in this post.Just under 9ft tall and over 4ft wide
IMG_20210814_081907890.jpg

Here's BAS YT channel. Scroll down to BuildASoil: WELCOME TO THE 10x10: Episode #1
Lot's of great info and lots of great EB info.

Hope this helps!

It's really pretty simple. Defol for proper airflow to help prevent mold, dying old leaves and any leaf touching the media or close that nutes can splash back up or hit when feeding or watering..
It's best to keep an open bottom canopy. Usually by the third week in most strains you can that get area cleaned up and maintained.
That's the bare basics. Get that down pat and then you can explore LST.

And Welcome! You picked the best site for growing canna. You'll find every method for growing canna from some of the best growers in the world.........I'm not one of those, but I learn something every day from here and my own observations.
The biggest tip I can give it just be attentive, observant and diligent to your girls. They will talk to you in canna sign language. They will tell you all sort of things. They will let you know when they are happy with what environment you provided. As someone mentioned, paying close attention to VPD and trying to keep it in the optimal range for the girl's current point in it's life cycle, will pay vast dividends in production and optimal health.
Never hesitate in asking a question on this forum. Unlike some other forums, you should have no fear of anyone belittling you for asking a simple question no matter how many times it's been asked. It's NOT tolerated here!
Thanks for the welcome and advice mate, appreciate it. I do Defoliation on my Photo's for air flow etc to keep the plants healthy, just having trouble with the Auto's due to misinformation I have picked up while researching. Thank you for clarifying that for me. When you say "cleaned up and maintained", how far do you take the clean up with Auto's? With my Photo's I usually clean up around the bottom third of the plant just before flipping them to flower, then do a full lollipop once the stretch is finished. I thought its best to ask instead of making a mistake that will affect my grow.

I am loving this site buddy, everyone is so nice and helpful. The atmosphere/vibe on this site is nothing like any other, so glad I joined up. I have learnt so much from here already, and looking forward to learning a lot more. Thanks for encouraging me to ask any question as well, it means a lot. As you probably know there is a lot of sites/forums/Facebook pages where you do fear that you will be belittled for asking a question, has happened to me a few times. It does make you hesitate to ask questions, so thank you.
Im just learning about VPD, DLI etc. I have been struggling with my environment during my current grows from the start unfortunately, we have had a really cold winter here in Australia. I have been trying to keep the VPD in optimal range by the chart I downloaded. I'm struggling a bit with working out the best VPD for the different stages of the plants growth, and not sure if the chart I am using is correct either(uploaded chart).
I am also starting to learn more about the signs/language the plants give out when they are not happy, but still lots to learn. I spend a lot of time with both grows, lockdowns have helped with that. Also had a couple of op's in the last year/year and a half, so at home recovering from them as well.
Thanks again for all your advice and taking the time to write it. Cheers

Attachments

• Sin-título-1-910x299.png
    Sin-título-1-910x299.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back