Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay! Which one of you guys come by and borrowed my little aquarium pump tubing and airstone? It's okay! Post up! No hard feelings! :shrug: :haha:
I want to make some compost tea and add a few little things what's brewing. But I can't find it. No idea what the hell I done with it!

Okay! Which one of you guys come by and borrowed my little aquarium pump tubing and airstone? It's okay! Post up! No hard feelings! :shrug: :haha:
I want to make some compost tea and add a few little things what's brewing. But I can't find it. No idea what the hell I done with it!
Not me @WildBill

1629051381047.png
4 x 6" square column diffusers
1629051512190.png
HAILEA V60 - 60 Liter a minute, super silent air pump, with 4 way splitter

A bit over the top but it does bubble up a great tea.

The pump maybe silent but the bubbles aren't:crying:

Good Morfnoevight All! EO.

Wow so much to read then I forget what I want to respond to :crying:

Interesting little tidbit I found looking into your post from THC farmer

You realize that the plant never takes up silica right? Microbes provide it to the roots at the request of the plant producing exudates... While I agree cannabis quality continues to decline as the green rush sees no end, but this post seems to lack any facts based in science. Most of the growers I know cut silica just after the half-wy point through flower. Growers using pure organics may use things like rice hulls/carbonized rice hulls/biochar as their silica source and certainly don't sift it out of the soil before the flip.

Aptus: "
It is important to understand that plants have a defined biological sequence of nutrient
uptake. This starts with Boron, which stimulates the root system to leach sugars into
the medium. These sugars feed the microbes, which transform silicates (Si) into silicic
acid through a process called silicification. Silicic acid enhances Calcium uptake, fol-
lowed by Organic Nitrogen (from L-Amino Acids), Magnesium, Phosphorus and Potas-
sium.
These elements should be present in a bioavailable form to plants. If one nutrient in
this sequence is not available (or less available), the uptake of all other elements in the
sequence is more difficult or missed. It is very important to respect this sequence in
order to avoid mineral deficiencies and/or nutrient uptake problems.
A common nutrient problem in indoor gardening is Calcium deficiency. This is because
Calcium is immobile, meaning it doesn’t naturally move into and throughout plant
tissue. Also, Calcium is pushed away by other minerals that are often added in large
quantities, such as Nitrogen (as Nitrates) and Potassium.
Looking at the chart above we can see that Calcium is near the beginning of the se
-
quence. And if Calcium uptake is limited in any way then all other nutrients uptake and
availability will be affected. There are many other problems with Calcium deficiency
that will be discussed later.
One of the best ways to increase Calcium availability and uptake (other than chelating
with amino acids) is to optimize Silicon levels in the form of Silicic Acid. This is the
beginning part of the biochemical sequence. In most indoor applications, silicic acid is
rarely available because of the time it takes soil micro-life to naturally convert silicon
into silicic acid. Even if a grower is adding a silica supplement (not in silicic acid form),
virtually all of the silica remains in the growing medium until it is converted, which can
take many weeks to months for any meaningful conversion.
Adding bioavailable silicic acid, as in FaSilitor, helps to increase the uptake and avail-
ability of Calcium and thus, all other nutrients. This is the natural mechanism and is
far more efficient than any synthetic method." Source: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0923/6556/files/Aptus-Bible.pdf?1422367918238403486

I would recomend building a soil that has rich enough microbial life to always have exactly as much available silicic acid, not using bottles as this is where too much of a good thing can be true.

edit.............rereading this, one could conclude I was directly replying to the content of what you posted. It was not.
Yes this is the mode of uptake I have worked with since my earliest days of hydroponics ~1978 I think. Silicon dioxide plus microbes makes it available to the plant. I have been using Mykos recently and it works well but I think I will get a broader spectrum for the next run. I have seen several candidates but damned if I can remember their names at the moment?

I use NPK Industries. RAW Silica It is inexpensive and 8 oz. lasts a long time.

@arty zan I burnt myself out being an admin and it just stopped being fun so I dropped back to just a Moderator. This seems to be working just fine for me. I have been working in the Infirmary for a while and I can always use a helping hand and second opinion in there as well.

@Mañ'O'Green thx for the rep, but nope, no telephoto lenz involved, lol...jus a 5 year old android fone held about a foot away :photog: :shrug: thoze beez aren't the aggresive kind & won't attack/sting if u don't swat at em & jus leave em be :thumbsup: fwiw, they were totally gone this morning, lol, like they were never even there :doh: ppp

@Mañ'O'Green thx for the rep, but nope, no telephoto lenz involved, lol...jus a 5 year old android fone held about a foot away :photog: :shrug: thoze beez aren't the aggresive kind & won't attack/sting if u don't swat at em & jus leave em be :thumbsup: fwiw, they were totally gone this morning, lol, like they were never even there :doh: ppp
Too bad you could not get a box and coax them to stay. I am allergic to bees. I can get stung by a wasp and it just hurts but if I get stung by a bee I need epinephrine or a trip to the emergency room.

Good Morfnoevight All! EO.

Wow so much to read then I forget what I want to respond to :crying:

Yes this is the mode of uptake I have worked with since my earliest days of hydroponics ~1978 I think. Silicon dioxide plus microbes makes it available to the plant. I have been using Mykos recently and it works well but I think I will get a broader spectrum for the next run. I have seen several candidates but damned if I can remember their names at the moment?

I use NPK Industries. RAW Silica It is inexpensive and 8 oz. lasts a long time.

@arty zan I burnt myself out being an admin and it just stopped being fun so I dropped back to just a Moderator. This seems to be working just fine for me. I have been working in the Infirmary for a while and I can always use a helping hand and second opinion in there as well.
Waira mentioned the same as you a while back.
I would be happy to drop by, just give me a little time to settle back in.
Just having a bit of fun and enjoying being out of pandemic restrictions right now.
I don't want to go throwing myself in to things straight away because I will just over do it because it is so nice to be back, if you know what I mean.

Do you add bennies as well as mycos?

Waira mentioned the same as you a while back.
I would be happy to drop by, just give me a little time to settle back in.
Just having a bit of fun and enjoying being out of pandemic restrictions right now.
I don't want to go throwing myself in to things straight away because I will just over do it because it is so nice to be back, if you know what I mean.

Do you add bennies as well as mycos?
Yes, I add Kelp and Humic Acid once a week in my reservoir. I have used Mammoth P. and others but the Kelp and Humic Acid are staples.

Edit: also Yucca powder but it is more for keeping my drippers clean. It does have a beneficial action as well!

In memory of budelee im trying out some optic foliar stuff soon

Yes, I add Kelp and Humic Acid once a week in my reservoir. I have used Mammoth P. and others but the Kelp and Humic Acid are staples.

Edit: also Yucca powder but it is more for keeping my drippers clean. It does have a beneficial action as well!
Now that’s interesting.. gets rid of hydrophobic medium problems to no?
Same principles at play I guess?

Boss man!!!
How’s it going @Son of Hobbes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back