Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Know a Hint when I Hear one.............:yeah:...That'll keep a growing boy Happy for a few hours.......

View attachment 1355521

We just had brunch.....we were supposed to be going to the market for bacon ribs for breakfast.....but I remembered while I was in the shower...that today is a Red Day...like a UK bank holiday....:pass:...and the chances are the market would be closed.

Too far to travel on the off chance.....:headbang:
Now that is the second time you haven't got your bacon ribs, seems it is starting to become a bit of a habit lol!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, that you get them next week!
Call me crazy (please don't) but what is the point of having a holiday on a Sunday??
Isn't Sunday already kinda like a holiday already?:rofl:

That's what I love about you mossy you are always so perceptive!
I'm dropping everything I am doing and I'll be straight over, that looks like a lovely spread!
Do they do scone is spain? I see Strawbs and cream!
I also see 9 cups of tea and 3 more potential cups of tea, you have to love it when someone pulls out all the stops!

That's awesome Bill!! :headbang:
Diahydro is a UK company.
One of the most frustrating things is, how certain products are available in Europe or in the US but not always in both.
Let us know more on what you find out!
I will!
I used "granulated diatomaceous earth" as a search terms. Ya might try that in the UK.

Now that is the second time you haven't got your bacon ribs, seems it is starting to become a bit of a habit lol!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, that you get them next week!

We are Notorious for going to the sunday market...and not getting there.......:crying:....problem is you have to be there Early.....not coz you can't get in....coz you can't get back out again...
and...hubbys morning starts are notoriously Slow....

Call me crazy (please don't) but what is the point of having a holiday on a Sunday??
Isn't Sunday already kinda like a holiday already?:rofl:

Spain has the Holidays on the Date they fall....so it is not unusual to have bank holiday Tuesdays..Wednesdays....

Judging by the fireworks Friday...6pm to 1 am...they Started celebrating then.....:pass:...and continued all weekend.

Gawd knows what it will be like tonight.....:biggrin:

Do they do scone is spain? I see Strawbs and cream!

Nope......and...it is a stock photo..............But...if you were ever visiting...I'd make some for you.....:pass:

Although.....my gluten free Chocolate cake and bitter berry jelly is Legendary.....if you have the sweet munchies that is......semi fredo....ooooh...oooooh...ooohhh.....:pie:

I hate those periods!

Yup....:headbang:..feel better soon @Vapo :pighug:

I went with good old Buddha's tree in the end @arty zan ...this is what they say about their silica product...
"In recent years, the application of Nano-technology has led to the production of colloidal liquid silicon fertiliser with high bio-availability. This new silicon fertiliser can easily penetrate the leaf and form a thick silicate layer on leaf surface. Solar Solar Green Power is an aqueous colloidal dispersion of 10% amorphous silica (SiO 2 ). More precisely it is a colloidal dispersion of silicic acid in water.

Silicic acid is the only form of Silicon that the plant can absorb. The silica particles occur in the form of discrete spheres that are not cross-linked with each other and contain hydroxyl groups on the surface. The particle size lies within the Nano range, typically 15 nanometres.

Stabilisation of colloidal particles takes place as the result of charges on the surface of the particles and is synthesised in an aqueous medium, which consists exclusively of inorganic substances, with no organic solvents being present. It is weakly alkaline. This is in marked contrast to other liquid products, such as potassium silicate, which is strongly alkali (pH12). Not only does this make the liquid hazardous to handle but it makes mixing with other products almost impossible."
Interesting little tidbit I found looking into your post from THC farmer

You realize that the plant never takes up silica right? Microbes provide it to the roots at the request of the plant producing exudates... While I agree cannabis quality continues to decline as the green rush sees no end, but this post seems to lack any facts based in science. Most of the growers I know cut silica just after the half-wy point through flower. Growers using pure organics may use things like rice hulls/carbonized rice hulls/biochar as their silica source and certainly don't sift it out of the soil before the flip.

Aptus: "
It is important to understand that plants have a defined biological sequence of nutrient
uptake. This starts with Boron, which stimulates the root system to leach sugars into
the medium. These sugars feed the microbes, which transform silicates (Si) into silicic
acid through a process called silicification. Silicic acid enhances Calcium uptake, fol-
lowed by Organic Nitrogen (from L-Amino Acids), Magnesium, Phosphorus and Potas-
sium.
These elements should be present in a bioavailable form to plants. If one nutrient in
this sequence is not available (or less available), the uptake of all other elements in the
sequence is more difficult or missed. It is very important to respect this sequence in
order to avoid mineral deficiencies and/or nutrient uptake problems.
A common nutrient problem in indoor gardening is Calcium deficiency. This is because
Calcium is immobile, meaning it doesn’t naturally move into and throughout plant
tissue. Also, Calcium is pushed away by other minerals that are often added in large
quantities, such as Nitrogen (as Nitrates) and Potassium.
Looking at the chart above we can see that Calcium is near the beginning of the se
-
quence. And if Calcium uptake is limited in any way then all other nutrients uptake and
availability will be affected. There are many other problems with Calcium deficiency
that will be discussed later.
One of the best ways to increase Calcium availability and uptake (other than chelating
with amino acids) is to optimize Silicon levels in the form of Silicic Acid. This is the
beginning part of the biochemical sequence. In most indoor applications, silicic acid is
rarely available because of the time it takes soil micro-life to naturally convert silicon
into silicic acid. Even if a grower is adding a silica supplement (not in silicic acid form),
virtually all of the silica remains in the growing medium until it is converted, which can
take many weeks to months for any meaningful conversion.
Adding bioavailable silicic acid, as in FaSilitor, helps to increase the uptake and avail-
ability of Calcium and thus, all other nutrients. This is the natural mechanism and is
far more efficient than any synthetic method." Source: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0923/6556/files/Aptus-Bible.pdf?1422367918238403486

I would recomend building a soil that has rich enough microbial life to always have exactly as much available silicic acid, not using bottles as this is where too much of a good thing can be true.

edit.............rereading this, one could conclude I was directly replying to the content of what you posted. It was not.

Last edited:
For many years, it was though that stomach ulcers were cause by stress, alcohol and poor diet.
However it was discovered that Helicobacter pylori(H. pylori) a type of bacteria, was the cause.
These bacteria can enter your body and live in your digestive tract.
After many years, they can cause sores, called ulcers, in the lining of your stomach or the upper part of your small intestine.
Another reason to keep our own microherd/gut flora healthy, to keep doing their good work.

Yes...stress alcohol and poor diet Aggrevate it.......the bacteria Cause it... :pass:

The other day i had a bad germination rate on some seeds I dropped.
I need to get a crop in quick as I am away on my hols in October.
I did manage to get 4 seeds in pots which are now showing their Cotyledons but I wasn't sure if they would pop up.
So I dropped a load more beans, belt and braces approach, thinking surly some will crack.
Some were new seed some was old seed I tried to see what would happen!
LMAO most of them did crack.
So I currently have the following cracked and in rootit sponges
  1. 3 x Candy Dawg Auto (sent by a friend but I also bought some more)
  2. 2 x Dynamite Auto
  3. 3 x Grape Gushers Auto
  4. 2 x Sweet Berry Cough Auto
  5. 2 x Afghan Kush Ryder
  6. 1 x Auto Diesel
  7. 1 x Auto Lemon
  8. 3 x Auto Speed Bud
  9. 2 x Stone 99 V5 auto gifted by Stone at the Autoflower Portal
That is 19 cracked seeds lmao
There is no way I can run all these, although the idea of a multi solo cup grow has crossed my mind.
Saying that Ruby auto in a solo cup got to 2 foot wide at one stage before defoliation!
So some of these just won't make the cut.
Some I may try and find a spot out doors but not easy where I live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back