Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many species of wasp many of them are harmless to humans and are small are parasitic.
Did you know that every fig has a hole in it's butt?

1628856576711.png

This is to allow tiny little wasps in to fertilize it and have a unique mutualistic association!
Figs depend on wasps to make their seeds and distribute their pollen. In turn, the fig tree acts as a womb where the fig wasps can reproduce.
In some cases, a fig tree will trick its fig wasp partner. The tree benefits, while the wasp dies.
It's not always the fig seed that pop as you eat them, there probably are a few dead wasps in there too, all good protein though.

Figs and Wasps

The wasps we love to hate are the Yellow Jackets but they are very good for the garden as they prey on the bugs that eat our crops.

1628856472108.png

Yellow Stripey Things Identification

1628856294757.png

I've got a little interesting experiment going on in my seed tent. When cleaning up the bottoms of the Asian Haze girls, I took three cuttings after seeing them laying on the ground. Why not?
I had some barley sprouting to feed to my worms, so I made a little SST along with a spec of humic acid. I just put some media in seedling pots and put everything together.

One has really taken off, so I transplanted it into a 3gal bag with a very nice root structure. A couple days later, she really has her feet under her and is starting to take off. She seems to be doing like the others with rapid upwards growth. Both of the Haze girls raged hard until the buds were just past the popcorn size and the the upwards growth slowed and then halted.
IMG_20210813_063535844.jpg

I'm reversing with STS a Sour Stomper in the tent,,,,,,,,,,,,attempting to do so...............so I'm just spraying the cuttings also. I'm just mainly seeing how this strain reacts.

Asian giant hornets appeared in the UK in 2016 after France was accidentally exposed to them in 2004. Who knows where in Europe they might fly to next?
View attachment 1354791
How can you tell if it's an Asian giant hornet and what should you do?
ASIAN GIANT HORNETS known as "murder hornets" could be appearing in the UK soon. So how can you recognise them and what should you do if you spot one?
With summer fast approaching and the weather heating up many of us will be looking forward to spending more time outdoors, but as the season approaches so too does the chance of an invasion of giant Asian Hornets. Here is what to do if you spot one.

What are Asian giant hornets?
Asian hornets, also known as “murder hornets”, are the largest species of hornet in the world. They could pose a very real risk to Brits.
Their stings could prove fatal to people who are allergic to their venom - though it should be noted that this is incredibly rare.
The United States Department of Agriculture state that these hornets are responsible for an estimated 30 to 50 deaths per year in Japan.
But they pose a great risk to Britain's native honey bees - they are known to decapitate up to 50 bees a day.

These hornets are capable of destroying entire beehives in a matter of hours, decapitating all inside.
This could wreak havoc on the UK’s environment as a decline in the native honey bee could be devastating as these bees are responsible for pollinating plants up and down the country.

When are they likely to strike?
The Giant Asian hornet is not native to the UK, as the name would suggest they were originally from East Asia.
They first appeared in the UK in 2016 after France was accidentally exposed to them in 2004.

Nicola Spence, Defra Deputy Director for Plant and Bee Health, said: "We have been anticipating the arrival of the Asian hornet for some years and have a well-established protocol in place to eradicate them and control any potential spread.
"It is important to remember they pose no greater risk to human health than a bee, though we recognise the damage they can cause to honey bee colonies.”
"That's why we are taking swift and robust action to identify and destroy any nests.”
In 2020 there was one confirmed sighting of Asian hornets in the UK. But, as many Brits can’t recognise them they could easily go undetected in Britain for some time.

How to spot them
The Asian hornet is similar in looks to the European hornet so the two are often confused. Brits have often mistaken the Asian giant hornet for another smaller Asian hornet that appears in the UK.

In May 2020, The New York Times reported that Asian giant hornets, often referred to as “murder hornets,” had been spotted for the first time in the United States. This was not welcome news, and social media sites quickly filled up with alarming images of these large insects.

A 2010 article from National Geographic described these hornets as “small but highly efficient killing [machines]” that were approximately 2 inches long with a 3-inch wingspan. Although people have died from this hornet’s painful sting, the insects are only “highly efficient killing machines” when it comes to bees.
Oh my... I seen something like this but with big dirty white war paint on it.. I thought African wasps

Morning peoples I’m getting sick of the fabric pots.. lol oh man...
And thanks auntie...
In light of the linalool..
Here is the banana dos si dos x papaya aka ‘tallymon’
Diamond looking
29837E6B-D472-486C-8E55-23DC08BF790D.jpeg

9CFA4F21-F921-459A-A02D-84EB4F9D7E8E.jpeg

I thought for sure by eye this was wayyyyy past harvest.
nope

Ahhhh so much better I'm ready to practice. Any other blow hards out there :headbang:
I use ta tickle the ol alto...
Can’t read music though lol so I was straight up oldskool . Feel the sax lol
so I was shit.
Trumpet is a lil easier, love drums. Then turntables the ultimate instrument.. jam sessions with birds now lol

Never could spend enough time with a guitar to figure it out

There are many species of wasp many of them are harmless to humans and are small are parasitic.
Did you know that every fig has a hole in it's butt?

View attachment 1354798

This is to allow tiny little wasps in to fertilize it and have a unique mutualistic association!
Figs depend on wasps to make their seeds and distribute their pollen. In turn, the fig tree acts as a womb where the fig wasps can reproduce.
In some cases, a fig tree will trick its fig wasp partner. The tree benefits, while the wasp dies.
It's not always the fig seed that pop as you eat them, there probably are a few dead wasps in there too, all good protein though.

Figs and Wasps

The wasps we love to hate are the Yellow Jackets but they are very good for the garden as they prey on the bugs that eat our crops.

View attachment 1354797

Yellow Stripey Things Identification
View attachment 1354796
I tell this to everyone I see eating those..
The misses hates me for telling her lmao..

Babies are also parasites lol
What a bunch of degenerate parasites we are

Oh my... I seen something like this but with big dirty white war paint on it.. I thought African wasps

Morning peoples I’m getting sick of the fabric pots.. lol oh man...
And thanks auntie...
In light of the linalool..
Here is the banana dos si dos x papaya aka ‘tallymon’
Diamond looking
View attachment 1354803
View attachment 1354804
I thought for sure by eye this was wayyyyy past harvest.
nope
Hey @mohawk warrior

Have you though of double potting your plants?
Stick your fabric pot in larger pots, this will help keep them hydrated for longer.
Just a though or maybe as I think you mention, you could use a dripper system.
Trichs look lovely, will you harvest when most are milky or will You leave a little longer until some amber shows up?

Hey @mohawk warrior

Have you though of double potting your plants?
Stick your fabric pot in larger pots, this will help keep them hydrated for longer.
Just a though or maybe as I think you mention, you could use a dripper system.
Trichs look lovely, will you harvest when most are milky or will You leave a little longer until some amber shows up?
I’ve considered getting other pots but more money on pots and soil... friggin broke right now and I’m getting in trouble as is with my spending lmao.. was gonna out in the ground but meh... late start, almost over, next year less tomatoes in the beds so ya...

I’ll probably not watch any trichomes and just watch as I’m still doing science on them lol

I’ve considered getting other pots but more money on pots and soil... friggin broke right now and I’m getting in trouble as is with my spending lmao.. was gonna out in the ground but meh... late start, almost over, next year less tomatoes in the beds so ya...

I’ll probably not watch any trichomes and just watch as I’m still doing science on them lol
https://giphy.com/gifs/w5FTwwiweGqDm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back