Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gathered up a 5 gallon bucket of earth worm castings from my worm bin today in search of a 50-100 worms each for my 4 SIP containers. after robbing the worm poopies i then pilled in 5 gallons of used soil on top of the remaining worms and watered it in lol i hope these little worms like barley and bokashi :smoking:

I tried to copy what i seen @Fermented_Fruitz do with his last seed soaking but i could not remember how much of what so i just guessed lol i did 2 drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide per cup, a tiny pinch of tm-7 which made the water dark and a tiny pinch of my big foot mycorrhizal

I'm kinda upset kinda not because its whatever but i misplaced 2 seeds i had planned for this grow, tore the house apart looking for them ended up just replacing them with some other seeds and after finishing up my seed soaking mix i found them... stuck to the top of my seed box because it had tape on it which stuck to the lid and for whatever reason i did not see them :shrug:

Still, I'm excited to start this 4th grow of mine already. all are autos, 1 seedsman zkittles, 1 ILGM GDP, 1 ILGM blue dream, 1 sweet seeds dark devil, 2 sweet seeds red poison, and 3 sweet seeds bloody skunk(1 is extra just in case dark devil don't pop)
20210812_194948.jpg
20210812_195130.jpg

I got popped twice in the past week. I wasn't even close to any of the nests. I don't kill wasps just because I see them. They serve their purpose in nature and it's normally a good thing for man.
These are a paper wasp of some sort, but they are not yellow jackets. They are about a third smaller.
They broke the treaty, not me. They are all gone now!:woohoo:

edit..............NICE! page 420!!!!!!!!!!
It is always open season on them on my property. I am even a lot more tolerant of Black Widows.

Happy Friday................:friday:....white rabbits ..white rabbits......:biggrin:....yup...it is a one of them Fridays........

Anyone with a superstitious nature....stay in all day....play music on AFN and smoke Lots......:pass:

fridayfriday.gif

Good Morfnoevight All! EO.

The epoxy tables are cool. Lord knows we could use new counter tops.:stir:

Did you get stung? I picked grapes when I was a young teenager and paper wasps were a constant threat.

Gawd @Mañ'O'Green .........they had wasps in the Olden Days....................mmpphh...mmmpphh........:crying::crying::crying:

Wasps in the UK...you were unlucky getting stung.....wasps in Spain actually Attack you.....vicious little buggers......:nono:...

I Normally leave wild life in the garden...as long as they aren't eating more of my crops than we are....
(10% Nature Tax...)

but we have to eradicate aggressive wasps coz hubby has a massive reaction to the stings....:pass:

Gawd @Mañ'O'Green .........they had wasps in the Olden Days....................mmpphh...mmmpphh........:crying::crying::crying:

Wasps in the UK...you were unlucky getting stung.....wasps in Spain actually Attack you.....vicious little buggers......:nono:...

I Normally leave wild life in the garden...as long as they aren't eating more of my crops than we are....
(10% Nature Tax...)

but we have to eradicate aggressive wasps coz hubby has a massive reaction to the stings....:pass:
Asian giant hornets appeared in the UK in 2016 after France was accidentally exposed to them in 2004. Who knows where in Europe they might fly to next?
1628855211497.png

How can you tell if it's an Asian giant hornet and what should you do?
ASIAN GIANT HORNETS known as "murder hornets" could be appearing in the UK soon. So how can you recognise them and what should you do if you spot one?
With summer fast approaching and the weather heating up many of us will be looking forward to spending more time outdoors, but as the season approaches so too does the chance of an invasion of giant Asian Hornets. Here is what to do if you spot one.

What are Asian giant hornets?
Asian hornets, also known as “murder hornets”, are the largest species of hornet in the world. They could pose a very real risk to Brits.
Their stings could prove fatal to people who are allergic to their venom - though it should be noted that this is incredibly rare.
The United States Department of Agriculture state that these hornets are responsible for an estimated 30 to 50 deaths per year in Japan.
But they pose a great risk to Britain's native honey bees - they are known to decapitate up to 50 bees a day.

These hornets are capable of destroying entire beehives in a matter of hours, decapitating all inside.
This could wreak havoc on the UK’s environment as a decline in the native honey bee could be devastating as these bees are responsible for pollinating plants up and down the country.

When are they likely to strike?
The Giant Asian hornet is not native to the UK, as the name would suggest they were originally from East Asia.
They first appeared in the UK in 2016 after France was accidentally exposed to them in 2004.

Nicola Spence, Defra Deputy Director for Plant and Bee Health, said: "We have been anticipating the arrival of the Asian hornet for some years and have a well-established protocol in place to eradicate them and control any potential spread.
"It is important to remember they pose no greater risk to human health than a bee, though we recognise the damage they can cause to honey bee colonies.”
"That's why we are taking swift and robust action to identify and destroy any nests.”
In 2020 there was one confirmed sighting of Asian hornets in the UK. But, as many Brits can’t recognise them they could easily go undetected in Britain for some time.

How to spot them
The Asian hornet is similar in looks to the European hornet so the two are often confused. Brits have often mistaken the Asian giant hornet for another smaller Asian hornet that appears in the UK.

In May 2020, The New York Times reported that Asian giant hornets, often referred to as “murder hornets,” had been spotted for the first time in the United States. This was not welcome news, and social media sites quickly filled up with alarming images of these large insects.

A 2010 article from National Geographic described these hornets as “small but highly efficient killing [machines]” that were approximately 2 inches long with a 3-inch wingspan. Although people have died from this hornet’s painful sting, the insects are only “highly efficient killing machines” when it comes to bees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back