Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vodka @arty zan :bighug: ....evaporate 50-75% for tincture...still tastes like a dead bears arse.........:crying:

View attachment 1350413
Vodka yup that'l do it, as it is ethanol.
Everclear 95% only has 1.6% more water in it than the max AVB ethanol can reach.
Everclear (USA) and Spirytus Rektyfikowany (Poland) are both rectified spirit aka 95% grain alcohol aka over proof "vodka".
When you say evaporate 50-75%, I imagine you are "re condensing" the evaporated vapor, as the alcohol will evaporate off first, as it has a lower boiling point than water?
1627820602693.png
:haha:

The unseasonable cold patch last season killed me bananas off...they rotted off to soil level....I Thought they were gone...
But..the core was still alive.....and now I've got loads of new shoots......... :pass: ..unfortunately...I have no idea how me and hubby are going to get them out of the bin to transplant them....:biggrin:.....the weight is humongus......

View attachment 1350373

aacckk...wrong post to reply to, might have to lay over and split container .

I Bet he fed them though.......:headbang:....If you see a dank period forecast you stop feeding...or they will go to mold.
On outdoor....if damp/cold/rain coming...Stop feeding....until it has passed....
I’ll ask. Maybe he had some super soil or something?
...until sumbody sneezez :crying: ppp
Lmao driving cross country with poorly packaged pollen, windows open, enjoying the open road...
99% alcohol?
That sounds like "Isopropyl alcohol" was used for this extraction, as "ethanol" has a max % of 95.6% ABV.
You can also get wsomething called "absolute ethanol" which is 99-100% AVB.

Some procedures that are sensitive to the presence of water require absolute ethanol.
A common method to produce ethanol with a higher concentration than 95% is to use additives that disrupt the azeotrope composition and allow further distillation.
For this reason, absolute ethanol contains trace amounts of these additives (such as benzene).
I really don't expect anyone to even get hold of "absolute ethanol" and you wouldn't want to use it, with the additives it has in it.

Which is why when I saw 99% I instantly thought it sounded like "isopropyl" which is consistently sold at a max of 99-99.9% ABV.

Isopropyl is mildly toxic and shouldn't be used for "tinctures" (a medicine made by dissolving a drug in alcohol) as it will turn to acetone in the liver.
Even when making Qwiso (quick wash iso extraction) the isopropyl needs to be completely evaporated off before consuming.
Low concentrations of residual "isopropanol" can cause gastric disturbances, while higher concentrations can be lethal.

It is always best to use "food grade" ethyl/ethanol for extractions and tinctures.
Never ever use "denatured alcohol" which is designed to be toxic and unsuitable for human consumption.
In the USA Everclear or 151 rum can be used.
In the UK "food grade ethanol" can be bought on ebay @ around £30 a liter (just make sure you search for "food grade"!!!

OK safety bit over.

Now to to the matter at hand - how to reduce the amount of chlorophyll in a "tincture" or "qwet" (quick wash ethanol extraction).

Solvents fall into one of two categories "polar" or "non-polar".

Non-polar solvents, like propane and butane, dissolve the non-polar compounds like lipids, oils, and waxes comprising the trichome heads.

Polar solvents, like ethanol extract polar compounds. Water insoluble molecules, like chlorophyll a and chlorophyll b,are naturally soluble in alcohols like ethanol.

Ethanol is both "polar" and "non polar" so it extracts both oil soluble and water soluble compounds.

However there is a way we can reduce the "polar" (water soluble) element of "ethanol".

At warmer temps "ethanol" will extract more of the "polar soluble" compounds.
Conversely, at colder temps "ethanol" will extract more of the "non polar" compounds.

So the trick would be to chill you weed and "ethanol" before you start the "qwet" extraction process.
This will significantly reduce chlorophyll in you tincture but not completely remove it.
However a hint of "arse" is still better than, the full on taste of "arse"!:haha::eyebrows:

Further safety note - "alcohol tinctures" should not be given to recovering alcoholics.
I seriously missed this guy..
what a post! Every time..
arty!!!!!!

The unseasonable cold patch last season killed me bananas off...they rotted off to soil level....I Thought they were gone...
But..the core was still alive.....and now I've got loads of new shoots......... :pass: ..unfortunately...I have no idea how me and hubby are going to get them out of the bin to transplant them....:biggrin:.....the weight is humongus......

View attachment 1350373

Right deadly!!! You gonna send momo a sucker off that beast?
I’d say crack the pot.. I did look at some massive banana trees in SmartPots online but no solutions for this problem.

We had a message passed into the staff room this morning that budlee has died. :karmacloud:..Bless him...sending a karma Cloud...

Join me in Sharing one for him....:pass:

candle.gif

We had a message passed into the staff room this morning that budlee has died. :karmacloud:..Bless him...sending a karma Cloud...

Join me in Sharing one for him....:pass:

View attachment 1350439
Oh mannnnn I remember that guy.
He was the guy with the heart issues I was asking about last week fuck man!!!
That’s shit.
Losing my originals
We were gonna do some sort of business together but I had a falling out with a (use ta be))buddy. Who I’m sure was just trying to fuck with me. And I lost the email I had been using to contact budelee I’m sure the buddy/hacker took it over on me.

I’m devastated here... how’d we find out?
Was it the VID?

Love ya buddelee!!! Keep the bong loaded for when we meet again! And have some plants we can torture together again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back