Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random, but has anyone ever “double infused” everclear tincture? I tried tincture in an infuzium (like MBM) but too green tasting and not terribly potent. Tried QWET (and reduced it), but too mild for husband’s tolerance (to all drugs, not just cannabis. Just started cannabis in June but highs wear off fast. Vape 4 bowls? Gone in 45 minutes. Ate edibles calculated at 100mg? Barely a buzz. 150mg? Gone in 2 hours. Trying to find a form and strain to get him sleep, at least (still haven’t found pain reliving option yet, but still trying). He did get so fed up that he ate a LOT of edibles last night and ended up on a terrible dizzy, anxious/paranoid trip. So there is “too much” even for his system! I’m a “typical” new user and definitely get a good buzz from half an edible, and get very high from full edible or one bowl vaped, so the potency is at least decent.

I read about infusing oil, straining, then adding the same amount of fresh (decarbed) cannabis and infusing again. Is there a limit to how much THC everclear can absorb?

I’m waiting on my second grow to dry for rosin, then will try @Mañ'O'Green ’s chocolate bar recipe. I’ve made gummies and canna sugar marshmallows. Any suggestions ALWAYS appreciated.

Random, but has anyone ever “double infused” everclear tincture? I tried tincture in an infuzium (like MBM) but too green tasting and not terribly potent. Tried QWET (and reduced it), but too mild for husband’s tolerance (to all drugs, not just cannabis. Just started cannabis in June but highs wear off fast. Vape 4 bowls? Gone in 45 minutes. Ate edibles calculated at 100mg? Barely a buzz. 150mg? Gone in 2 hours. Trying to find a form and strain to get him sleep, at least (still haven’t found pain reliving option yet, but still trying). He did get so fed up that he ate a LOT of edibles last night and ended up on a terrible dizzy, anxious/paranoid trip. So there is “too much” even for his system! I’m a “typical” new user and definitely get a good buzz from half an edible, and get very high from full edible or one bowl vaped, so the potency is at least decent.

I read about infusing oil, straining, then adding the same amount of fresh (decarbed) cannabis and infusing again. Is there a limit to how much THC everclear can absorb?

I’m waiting on my second grow to dry for rosin, then will try @Mañ'O'Green ’s chocolate bar recipe. I’ve made gummies and canna sugar marshmallows. Any suggestions ALWAYS appreciated.
You can infuse it again with more flower etc OR if u just let it go low and slow at 175 to cook off some of the alcohol then what remains will then be stronger stuff!

Last edited:
I was outside just now and found a homey in the bushes so picked him up and moved to cucumber plants since bushes coming out before Aug large trash pickup!
53A118AE-528E-43A9-86B0-5B96E3D8FF17.jpeg
55283962-C7DA-43BD-B04D-D168C557B67B.jpeg
66DE84DA-9920-4023-BCEB-163F98A6D9BB.jpeg
DFB43BF6-282A-41A5-9464-BE3087E9C33E.jpeg

Then after I moved him went back to pick a cucumber and saw another much bigger 1 on bushes in diff spot!
DDF85A60-5BF1-4A22-B5F4-3FE5D2F05103.jpeg

These are on top of the brown 1 I saw last night when I was spraying!
DD81F42A-AB72-4210-A5D6-30F0D6B09163.jpeg

Unfortunately neither of the bigger ones wanted a thing to do with me picking them up! Both made a death defying leap back to the bushes!:pighug:

You can infuse it again with more flower etc OR if u just let it go low and slow at 175 to cook off some of the alcohol then what remains will then be stronger stuff!
No open flames! You can use a rice cooker or electric hot plate outside to evaporate the ethanol off to concentrate the actives.

Try adding a little Sunflower Lecithin to your tinctures. It helps the cannabinoids pass the blood brain barrier.

Being high can be subtle for some people until they cross the "Holy shit I am too high" line. :rofl: I have had days like that. :doc1:

No open flames! You can use a rice cooker or electric hot plate outside to evaporate the ethanol off to concentrate the actives.

Try adding a little Sunflower Lecithin to your tinctures. It helps the cannabinoids pass the blood brain barrier.

Being high can be subtle for some people until they cross the "Holy shit I am too high" line. :rofl: I have had days like that. :doc1:
:yeahthat: What he said! When u cook it off it’s gonna come off as flammable alcohol vapors so u def don’t want to be using no gas burner stove! Outside on a hot plate is best! Or those lil convection plate thingys (no idea what it’s called just seen my mom has 1) but set for 175 and watch for the alcohol level to go down! As it does it’ll be concentrating the thc levels in what’s left!

@LearningMore asked "has anyone ever “double infused” everclear tincture?"
You can buy or make a Soxhlet Extractor. Boiling alcohol evaporates, then is condensed to drip through the weed back into the boiling alcohol. The longer you run it, the more oils & resins it extracts. The boiling alcohol gets greener and greener until it's almost black. When you're satisfied you can end the process and boil off the alcohol. The glass ones are expensive, but they can be homemade with readily available parts. I think alcohol boils at about 69°C.

[Warning: alcohol vapors are highly flammable. Don't boil alcohol over an open flame.]

I'd like to experiment with using liquid CO2 instead of alcohol. It has no water in it, and it can be done at a low temperature to avoid destroying delicate essences. Small batches can be done with stock plumbing parts and dry ice or a tank of food grade liquid CO2. This process is often used to extract herbal essences and oils. There are industrial CO2 extractors if you develop a product that you want to mass produce.

Apparently I’ve got a whole swarm of mantis living in the bushes out front! Gonna have to be careful when I remove the bushes so I don’t take em all outta here too! :thumbsup:

3BD1447A-108B-4EB6-8C64-02DF6077A511.jpeg
01DC1D9F-8C40-4AC9-A6A8-FBE5A5A388AF.jpeg

I got a double whammy....Irish and Scottish....... :headbang: ...

:crying::crying::crying:

:pighug:

Umbrella for you...........?

I just had a grandson that is a complete ginger with big blue eyes handsome little guy. He is nine months old the thing is we are a bunch of dark haired Irish for the most but my son did marry a fair haired girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back