Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning AFN! I gotta question I need some help with. Yesterday I filled my autopot reservoir up, and open the line. I just went in to check everything, and I noticed a drop of water under the 4way connector. I felt the connector, and it was wet.

View attachment 1682467View attachment 1682468

It appears I have a tiny hole in the middle here. :face:No idea how it could have happened. I don't want to order 1, and pay almost $10 with shipping & tax. Instead I was gonna put a dab of silicone on it. Is this ok, will it be safe to use? I'm sure it will work, but is there a better sealant? Autopot users has this happened to you? It wasn't hit, or smashed I don't know how it could have gotten a pin sized hole on its own. @Mizzo81 I know you have had an autopot for a while any thoughts?

Stay lifted
I haven’t had that happen. If u can get a good deal on it I don’t see any issue with using it.

I haven’t had that happen. If u can get a good deal on it I don’t see any issue with using it.
I was looking on the autopot site they have a stronger version. When I get another aquavalve5 I will grab at least 1. My pots are just about dry, and then I will take off the connector. I'll make sure it has a hole, and patch with silicone for now. Still can't figure how it just got a pin sized hole sitting there. :shrug:

Good morning AFN! I gotta question I need some help with. Yesterday I filled my autopot reservoir up, and open the line. I just went in to check everything, and I noticed a drop of water under the 4way connector. I felt the connector, and it was wet.

View attachment 1682467View attachment 1682468

It appears I have a tiny hole in the middle here. :face:No idea how it could have happened. I don't want to order 1, and pay almost $10 with shipping & tax. Instead I was gonna put a dab of silicone on it. Is this ok, will it be safe to use? I'm sure it will work, but is there a better sealant? Autopot users has this happened to you? It wasn't hit, or smashed I don't know how it could have gotten a pin sized hole on its own. @Mizzo81 I know you have had an autopot for a while any thoughts?

Stay lifted
I had a 4 way start doing that last grow on my autopot system. I just stuck a small bowl under it ( till I could figure out what to do ) and it stopped. On a new grow and still not leaking.

Got my STS out of the fridge warming up. If it's still viable ( which it was a couple months ago ) this'll be the forth use of that DIY STS tester solution I tested last year and I only mixed up half the two bottles.

Edit: oh shit, went back and looked. I started that test April 27 2022. :what?:

Screenshot_20240516-130949.png

I had a 4 way start doing that last grow on my autopot system. I just stuck a small bowl under it ( till I could figure out what to do ) and it stopped. On a new grow and still not leaking.
The hole in this is soooo small it takes a few seconds of blowing through it to get air to come out. I wonder if it was like this always, and never noticed. It was a drop then nothing. Then a little later another drop. It's not like a flowing leak, but eventually it will be bigger. It looks like it's where the seems meet it was a little thin. I have bong that seeps where parts meet. It just slowly collects on the outside of the glass. You wipe it away, and then a little later there it is again. Never runs down the little bit of water like plugs the tiny holes. Very odd, but as wise old man to me "I've seen that fish before" lol. I don't have any good silicone all I have has hardened. I was think about giving it a spray with flex seal just not sure if that's safe with it coming into contact with water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back