Status
Not open for further replies.
They are awful. I suspect they will be phased out eventually. Customers hate them and more stuff leaves the store unpaid for than with human cashiers.
Exactly. They act like the customers have been through some kind of corporate training program and should already know how the things work….

fpziMtw.gif
200w (2).gif

2N.gif

crazy-jim-carrey.gif
1649_original.gif

:smokeit:

Screenshot_2024-05-02-16-23-41-409.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Exactly. They act like the customers have been through some kind of corporate training program and should already know how the things work….

Yep. It is not lost on me that this is essentially getting us to replace their employees - for free. Employees that now don't get hired because machines have replaced them. Stinks all around if you ask me.

bro, u must live in Complex, Oklahoma :rofl: it'z a simple matter of sweepin the item'z barcode across the scanner & voila....ez pz :thumbsup: ppp

I would love them if they worked correctly. As soon as the woman told me “you have to punch in the number for those..”

I accidentally blurted out “bitch I don’t work here”.

I didn’t get to buy grapes today, and have to go to Walmart from now on :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I thought my point was totally valid, to be honest..
I get "unexpected item in bagging area" at least twice every time I go grocery shopping and I gotta wait for some kid to come over each time and punch their code in :doh:

bro, u must live in Complex, Oklahoma :rofl: it'z a simple matter of sweepin the item'z barcode across the scanner & voila....ez pz :thumbsup: ppp
No…. It’s just the place closest to my house. You have to type in the number for produce items…. Pre bagged grapes in this case. They even have a bar code…. It just doesn’t work… then you have to talk to some lady that thinks she’s my manager….

It’s what I get for trying to take the quick way out…. Should’ve went to Walmart in the first place. Their self checkout things work pretty good..

Not always. The modern machines use scales to make sure you arent stealing stuff, and sometimes those error out and you have to get help anyway. Sometimes when you check out stuff without barcodes, it is not always obvious what item you need to pick from the menu.

As soon as a real cashier has to meander over to where you are to help it completely negates any advantage those systems have. Particularly since stores generally only assign one person to deal with those issues.

I can see their attraction, for sure, but I think overall the solution is more cashiers if the only true benefit to the customer is less wait time - since that is not the case in a lot of circumstances.

Its not like I have a dog in this fight anyway. I have to shop from home and have everything brought to me. As a result I am spared all of those headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back