Status
Not open for further replies.
I run my hlg UVA light for half of my lights on time, straight, per day and it doesn't hurt anything. Doesn't really seem to help anything either though :shrug:
I have heard that from some. And at the other end miracles.

From the little empirical info out there it seems they agree on increased terp and flavonoid production at a slight cost in harvest yield. Some say extra trichomes others don't.

Stinkier frostier buds might be perceived as more potent... but evidence is mixed.

I have heard that from some. And at the other end miracles.

From the little empirical info out there it seems they agree on increased terp and flavonoid production at a slight cost in harvest yield. Some say extra trichomes others don't.

Stinkier frostier buds might be perceived as more potent... but evidence is mixed.
There's also a couple different spectrums of uv. @Mañ'O'Green runs a few different ones and he knows the details. I just see nothing from the added UVA. UVB could be a different story. My bar hangs down through the middle of my light. No real difference in the plants underneath it compared to the edges. Been through a few grows with it now :pass:
IMG_20240609_204639604_HDR.jpg

This is the first grow trying extreme defoliation. Almost 3 weeks and just did the second round and I am SCARED SH@TLESS!

After shots
View attachment 1687194View attachment 1687195

I was scared with moderate defoliation last time too but it worked out.

The tiny pot with coco on the near right is going untrained. Just to see.

I am mad at myself for snapping several flower heads while reaching in. ....tried tape but ultimately had to cut the branches off a few hours later. Lost dozens of bud sites.

You'll be surprised how fast they bounce back! I usually do the same at day 21 and then selective defoil here and there pulling leaves blocking bud sites. I "skirt" it and leave some leaves at the bottom though just in case they get hungry.

This round, just left it to jungle status and just pulled a couple here and there. First way works better for me

There's also a couple different spectrums of uv. @Mañ'O'Green runs a few different ones and he knows the details. I just see nothing from the added UVA. UVB could be a different story. My bar hangs down through the middle of my light. No real difference in the plants underneath it compared to the edges. Been through a few grows with it now :pass:
View attachment 1687212
Great to hear people's experiences.

The one I am eying is 10%UVB and 30%UVA.

All together about a hundred CAD$.
You'll be surprised how fast they bounce back! I usually do the same at day 21 and then selective defoil here and there pulling leaves blocking bud sites. I "skirt" it and leave some leaves at the bottom though just in case they get hungry.

This round, just left it to jungle status and just pulled a couple here and there. First way works better for me
Appreciate it. The previous grow with moderate defoliation was a good experience. Hopefully this is even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back