This is the first grow trying extreme defoliation. Almost 3 weeks and just did the second round and I am SCARED SH@TLESS!

After shots
View attachment 1687194View attachment 1687195

I was scared with moderate defoliation last time too but it worked out.

The tiny pot with coco on the near right is going untrained. Just to see.

I am mad at myself for snapping several flower heads while reaching in. ....tried tape but ultimately had to cut the branches off a few hours later. Lost dozens of bud sites.
Looks good. Don't be afraid to cut off some leaves. I typically chop all inward facing fan leaves and and big leaves that block lower bud site that I can't keep tucked. It doesn't seam to phase them.

My tent is 3x3 and the light chassis is maybe 24"

I am toying with the idea of adding a reptile UVB lamp and mounting the tube vertically in the empty corner.

Alternatively I could get a compact CFL and place it closer.

I keep reading about new mercury vapor lamps burning out so I will avoid those.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Looks good. Don't be afraid to cut off some leaves. I typically chop all inward facing fan leaves and and big leaves that block lower bud site that I can't keep tucked. It doesn't seam to phase them.
I took off a huge pile of leaves...more? Really? (said while shaking at knees)

:deadhorse: :grrr2:

:crying: :pighug: but seriously, lookz like there'z more than enuff there to make up for it, so....:headbang: ppp
I tried self deprecating humor
....But...
I wasn't very good at it.

I deserve at least 2 more :deadhorse::deadhorse:for being a klutz in the tent.

My tent is 3x3 and the light chassis is maybe 24"

I am toying with the idea of adding a reptile UVB lamp and mounting the tube vertically in the empty corner.

Alternatively I could get a compact CFL and place it closer.

I keep reading about new mercury vapor lamps burning out so I will avoid those.

Thoughts? Experiences?
I have a similar setup, HLG 300R and I bought a UVB light bar and just tilt it towards the plants. You can see it on at the top of the photo.

20240525_112930.jpg

Back