Status
Not open for further replies.
:pass: Thanks N/A! Those top buds I put the scrog on for are some chunkers! Have thought about adding a little DTE though, so good suggestion!. I use build a soil stuff and the Craft Blend has silica in it. I supplement a little with either mono silicic acid or RAW silica. The xtra cal and mag in DTE would actually help a lot as I will have at least one Chem D in all the grows moving forward and those suck up cal/mag like there's no tomorrow! Could be a great addition. Also have some rice hulls mixed in the soil that have silica as well

Have a great day!!!
Don't forget to get the Montana Grow From BAS! It is slightly different than the volcanic tuff I have been using in the past. It's silica is a little more pure and a little bit more available in and also plus is that it is different. I've kind of gone back to my Hawaiian days in the aspect of trending more toward volcanic mineral deposits and the positives associated with that and above just the minerals available.

I now have three different kinds of volcanic amendments.
Volcanic pumice
I mainly use volcanic pumice for aeration.

volcanic tuff is mainly for the silica. It's like the fines of volcanic pumice. I can't find that product on BA's website anymore. I think the Montana Grow may have replaced it. I integrated it into the media and also into the worm food I made for my worms. It helps them with their digestion. The worms then also break it down slightly and make it available to the plant.

Montana Grow He is mainly for the silica and the other aspects that that availability encourages.

Moderate pH Acts as a Buffer

High Cation Exchange Capacity

Increased Ability to Hold Moisture

3.5 on the MOHS Hardness Scale

Chemical Free Will Not Burn Plants

Does Not Run-off or Leach

Reduces Nitrogen Volatility

Improves Phosphorus Availability

I did not get to add this to all my media in the tote before I potted everything up for this current grow. I will be integrating it into this grow in two fashions. It will be mixed into the top dressings. With all the biological activity in this layer, the silica will be made available. Like the tuft, I will be adding it to my worms food.

Don't mind me I'm just on a soil geek out!:biggrin::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

I think RUCU CUCU just had some wet feet. :headbang: :headbang:

IMG_20240521_095110980.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back