Outdoor Jravens Alaska Summer 2020

:pighug: J-ray, I hope all well's matey! :smokeout:

Whoa, you got some damn surf didn't you! :doh: Was that from a local storm? 30 years and that's a first, makes you wonder (along with all the rest of the anomalous shit happening!), huh? :eek1: ....

How's your stash shaping up with some cure time in now? Do you like the Anvil cross? *silly question I know*
I finally heard from FD the other day in PM! Busy guy, took a wee break from here too.... I pestered him for an update on his current genetics workings! :eyebrows:
That storm was a 'pineapple express' with warm (well,45f) and wet air from the tropics. That is not too unusual, this one was on steroids though...it caused havoc from Ketchikan to Haines. Here, maybe it was a different angle or something but this bay isn't big enough for that size of wave to build up:shrug:I hope to shit it was a fluke, and not the new normal:crying:If it is normal we will adapt to it though, that's our specialty:rofl:
I love my anvil cross. Mainly 'cause she produced lol. She's an all-around type, not the great night-time meds of the anvil. I'd say I lucked out....it was simple pollen chucking. I've got more seeds from that run for next year:thumbsup:I think the straight anvil would have been like my other autos this year, pretty stunted. I wasn't able to give them a proper start this time so production was lousy. I should get some Anvil for next season, and see what else FD has in the stable...it's going to be a better year.
My other leb27 and monk crosses didn't do well, granted they were OD which was a shit-show this year for sure. Leb27 straight from the breeder did good in the greenhouse and filled out the the other half of the stash. I've got plenty for the winter:toke:

Last edited:
great catching up on your summer pal :d5: ,,,,sweet boat :headbang:,,,i liking your ALF 5 x Leb27 cross :pass:

great catching up on your summer pal :d5: ,,,,sweet boat :headbang:,,,i liking your ALF 5 x Leb27 cross :pass:
Thanks for checking it out hairy :woohoo:It was a different kind of summer for me all right. The alf/leb sure was a lucky one...it's a big part of the stash this year.

I have been in your thread before, but in my absence looks like many of my watched threads don't alert me, so here I am posting just so I"m back in. Glad to see things are still going well for you :biggrin:

I have been in your thread before, but in my absence looks like many of my watched threads don't alert me, so here I am posting just so I"m back in. Glad to see things are still going well for you :biggrin:
It's pretty inactive now but you never know when something weird might happen :rofl:

@Jraven
I think it's warmer in your neck of the woods then it is here where I live at woke up and it was 15 below WTF :shrug: :crying: :snow2::pass:

@Jraven
I think it's warmer in your neck of the woods then it is here where I live at woke up and it was 15 below WTF :shrug: :crying: :snow2::pass:
Yikes! No it never gets that cold here on the coast....Our low last week was 10F overnight. It's cold enough to affect our infrastructure though but we expect some of that each winter so tend to be prepared. It's a chance to see the solarium really do its thing too. On those cold clear days the sun just pours in and saves a lot of fuel :thumbsup: I forget, are you going to build a house in the new spot?

Back