Outdoor Jravens Alaska Summer 2020

Yikes! No it never gets that cold here on the coast....Our low last week was 10F overnight. It's cold enough to affect our infrastructure though but we expect some of that each winter so tend to be prepared. It's a chance to see the solarium really do its thing too. On those cold clear days the sun just pours in and saves a lot of fuel :thumbsup: I forget, are you going to build a house in the new spot?
Oh that's good you don't get that chili up there. It's been cold as hell here for probably 3 weeks now. We've had temperatures well below freezing. In fact I don't think it's been warmer than 30° but once in the last month. We've been in teens low 20s for the last about 7-8 days. Now the single digits and below 0. Yup getting a good freeze this year.

Well as far as the house goes on the property up there. We're not sure yet if we're going to build:shrug:or if we're just going to keep it a recreational piece of property and keep the fifth wheel on it right now.
I like the whole camping idea thing all the time it's kind of cool. ( it's More like "glamping" with a fifth wheel. That's got more amenities than what my house has got) :crying: But going to spend a lot of time up there this summer so I'll get a better idea if I want to build on this property or what I want to really do with it:pass:

Oh that's good you don't get that chili up there. It's been cold as hell here for probably 3 weeks now. We've had temperatures well below freezing. In fact I don't think it's been warmer than 30° but once in the last month. We've been in teens low 20s for the last about 7-8 days. Now the single digits and below 0. Yup getting a good freeze this year.

Well as far as the house goes on the property up there. We're not sure yet if we're going to build:shrug:or if we're just going to keep it a recreational piece of property and keep the fifth wheel on it right now.
I like the whole camping idea thing all the time it's kind of cool. ( it's More like "glamping" with a fifth wheel. That's got more amenities than what my house has got) :crying: But going to spend a lot of time up there this summer so I'll get a better idea if I want to build on this property or what I want to really do with it:pass:

"glamping" :rofl: ppp

Our climate is controlled by the ocean which has a warmer current passing offshore. The cold like you get has to get out here through the mountain passes in the Coast Range. Thankfully those conditions are pretty rare :thumbsup:

Our climate is controlled by the ocean which has a warmer current passing offshore. The cold like you get has to get out here through the mountain passes in the Coast Range. Thankfully those conditions are pretty rare :thumbsup:
So are you in the what they call it a temperate rainforest ? Like the coast of Washington and British Columbia and down there by Juno and Skagway?

So are you in the what they call it a temperate rainforest ? Like the coast of Washington and British Columbia and down there by Juno and Skagway?
Yes, temperate rainforest,, Lots of rain.It just changes by degree coming north. We average @10 degrees cooler than Seattle, easily twice the rain. Juneau and Skagway farther north and somewhat colder.

Sorry for late response:toke: I didn't see the flag I guess.:shrug::pop:
Well that's cool though you live in the area where it's possible anyways to find gold.
The only thing I can find around here is Hard Luck and a Hard time...:crying::rofl::shrug::toke::pass:
Yea, it's just hard scrabble here,too. if there was gold in the immediate area we'd know. People have been here and hungry for a long time. You're right though the region in general is mineral-rich

Back