Outdoor Jravens Alaska Summer 2020

Great lookig plants you do well there Bro with the climate, be nice now you can have a break lol for me never any rest grow grow grow :rofl::nono:, then a few hours rest in the mountains is i need to recharge:pop::crisps:
Yep smokey, I miss the plants but there is lots of other stuff to do. I feel for ya having to grow all year around lol... but I have to re-learn how to grow every spring :rofl:

Yep smokey, I miss the plants but there is lots of other stuff to do. I feel for ya having to grow all year around lol... but I have to re-learn how to grow every spring :rofl:
True Jraven lol I didnt think of that, i would have to re-learn even if i missed a grow season :rofl: i'd be back in the newbie section

What kind of temperatures are you getting outdoors now?
In Northern Michigan I have been getting rain for days at a time, hail, some snow and nighttime temperatures in the high 20's and low 30's.

I still have a photo plant growing outside, Afterthought Autos Amethyst photoperiod, that has survived with no die off of leaves, buds aren't very large on this strain but even with weeks of cold weather, rain and no sun for multiple days at a time the plant has suffered no bud rot but it did look like the leaves had PM a few times and I sprayed with a tablespoon of Potassium Carbonate in a gallon of water in a pump sprayer a few times which seemed to take care of it.

I've been doing small harvests off of it twice in the last week.

Leaves are all very dark green still. Buds are small mostly popcorn sized, some bigger but none the size of my arm like on a Gooey 13 grown last year. The buds are purplish and the pistils have all turned. A week ago the trichomes were almost all cloudy but no amber.

Too bad it doesn't produce buds earlier in the year that are larger as it survives freezing weather well.

35-45F these days, we had a few couple nights below freezing but mostly @40 with wind and rain. I brought in the last two outdoor Monks a week ago... they were so hammered lol. Letting the last one finish in the solarium.Not very bud-dy but will get some extract.
What kind of temperatures are you getting outdoors now?
In Northern Michigan I have been getting rain for days at a time, hail, some snow and nighttime temperatures in the high 20's and low 30's.

I still have a photo plant growing outside, Afterthought Autos Amethyst photoperiod, that has survived with no die off of leaves, buds aren't very large on this strain but even with weeks of cold weather, rain and no sun for multiple days at a time the plant has suffered no bud rot but it did look like the leaves had PM a few times and I sprayed with a tablespoon of Potassium Carbonate in a gallon of water in a pump sprayer a few times which seemed to take care of it.

I've been doing small harvests off of it twice in the last week.

Leaves are all very dark green still. Buds are small mostly popcorn sized, some bigger but none the size of my arm like on a Gooey 13 grown last year. The buds are purplish and the pistils have all turned. A week ago the trichomes were almost all cloudy but no amber.

Too bad it doesn't produce buds earlier in the year that are larger as it survives freezing weather well.

Even my hardiest strains had a rough time this year OD. The ones in the greenhouse did fine.

35-45F these days, we had a few couple nights below freezing but mostly @40 with wind and rain. I brought in the last two outdoor Monks a week ago... they were so hammered lol. Letting the last one finish in the solarium.Not very bud-dy but will get some extract.

Even my hardiest strains had a rough time this year OD. The ones in the greenhouse did fine.

Can't believe I get colder weather in my location than you do, must be those ocean currents bringing warmer water North. Few years ago I had a Winter with temperatures at or below zero for about a month straight and five days where temperatures were down to -33 degrees. I always thought Alaska was all a frozen wasteland for most of the year where it was dark most of the Winter. I had relatives and friends who all lived around Anchorage in the early 1980's who tried to get me to go live there.

Can't believe I get colder weather in my location than you do, must be those ocean currents bringing warmer water North. Few years ago I had a Winter with temperatures at or below zero for about a month straight and five days where temperatures were down to -33 degrees. I always thought Alaska was all a frozen wasteland for most of the year where it was dark most of the Winter. I had relatives and friends who all lived around Anchorage in the early 1980's who tried to get me to go live there.
Yes, that's right, the ocean current keeps it milder in this part of the state (southeast panhandle)....kind of your typical Pacific Northwest climate, just turn up the wind and rain and turn down the temp 10 degrees and it's like Seattle. Much of the winter is (relatively) warm wetter maritime stuff until we get a pattern where the cold air comes out through the Coast Range passes. That can keep us in the teens-20s for a week or two.:pass:

:pass:Hey Jraven, how are things there now Bro with your winter?
Hey smokey, things going ok here. We had some heavy weather the other day that caused damage around the region but we did ok. So far it's mostly above freezing so that's nice...lots of wind and rain though. I'm pretty sure I have enough weed to see me through:d5:. I just checked out your update, the plants look great. Looks like some good med strains, they'll help with the back pain:thumbsup:
Here's my skiff the other day, got overwhelmed by the rain and waves:yoinks:
DSCN6666.JPG

Back