Outdoor Jraven's Alaska Summer 2019

Its a Termite mound , they build them out of the soil .
Termite-mounds-near-Derby-Kimberley-WA.jpg

Went down the island to town for the first time since November. 120 miles the first 40 are like thisView attachment 1044210
Just a little town with a lousy hardware store and a lousy grocery store :rofl: I don't have much use for town but you got to go once in a while :smoking:
I hear this, bush stores are [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] in one regard, lots of $ for lousy stuff. But the village is where the Post Office be:pass:

Besides "teaming tea" and biochar what else did you do do to your soil for this season?
To some extent I took a hands-off approach. The soil test results showed very high in all the basics and the micronutrents except nitrogen and boron(not sure how this came about:shrug:) so I cut it a bit with pro-mix and some native soil (from under a blow-down tree) that I added lime to. I added some boric acid.
I added feather meal,EWC both fresh and bagged, a little composted cow poo, crushed malted barley. The live tea and biochar were added 2-3 weeks ago and I'm trying to keep it warm as possible now.

To some extent I took a hands-off approach. The soil test results showed very high in all the basics and the micronutrents except nitrogen and boron(not sure how this came about:shrug:) so I cut it a bit with pro-mix and some native soil (from under a blow-down tree) that I added lime to. I added some boric acid.
I added feather meal,EWC both fresh and bagged, a little composted cow poo, crushed malted barley. The live tea and biochar were added 2-3 weeks ago and I'm trying to keep it warm as possible now.
Sounds ready for the spring microbial explosion

Sounds ready for the spring microbial explosion

Back