Outdoor Jraven's Alaska Summer 2019

Damn, I keep seeing references to your thread, but then I don't post, so now I am. Gorgeous buds there, and I wish I'd watched from the start. Next season I must!
Hey thanks for popping by RG:toke: Don't know how this thread gets so long but ...life's little mysteries I guess:rofl:

Looking great[emoji106][emoji106][emoji482]good job.
You guys have huge temp swings. Freezing too now.[emoji55]
Here's the real challenge in this spot...52F and raining. Things tend to slow down quite a bit.
P_20190820_100713.jpg

The OD Monk takes it in stride but she gets pulled under her little roof when it's really pissing down. I'm such a softy:smoking:
P_20190821_071830.jpg

DSCN5506.JPG

The seeded monks are sharing the solarium with the tomatoes. I'm harvesting seed from these now so getting them dried out
DSCN5503.JPG

Here's the real challenge in this spot...52F and raining. Things tend to slow down quite a bit.
View attachment 1094300
The OD Monk takes it in stride but she gets pulled under her little roof when it's really pissing down. I'm such a softy:smoking:
View attachment 1094299
View attachment 1094305
The seeded monks are sharing the solarium with the tomatoes. I'm harvesting seed from these now so getting them dried out
View attachment 1094304
Wow buddy those those monks look really good nice looking plant and you got such a beautiful scenery in back dropped n lake... it's too bad your weather couldn't be more nicer for a longer period of time anyways. So beautiful there it don't get canceled out by the gloomy clouds but it would be nicer to see it more Sunny there wouldn't it....

So tell me what the monks are all about? I'm not really up on those there an Auto right pretty much bred for your climate from what I understand. And they're pretty good against the mold and mildew. I haven't heard you say anything about Bud rot yet on them. So what kind of yield are they and what kind of effects can one expect from them?

Wow buddy those those monks look really good nice looking plant and you got such a beautiful scenery in back dropped n lake... it's too bad your weather couldn't be more nicer for a longer period of time anyways. So beautiful there it don't get canceled out by the gloomy clouds but it would be nicer to see it more Sunny there wouldn't it....

So tell me what the monks are all about? I'm not really up on those there an Auto right pretty much bred for your climate from what I understand. And they're pretty good against the mold and mildew. I haven't heard you say anything about Bud rot yet on them. So what kind of yield are they and what kind of effects can one expect from them?
That's saltwater out there bro, rest of the world at the doorstep:biggrin: Yep this is not a region known for sunshine which is generally fine with me lol, but not the greatest for canna...I'm still working out how to grow here:deadhorse:
The monks are part of that, they are photoperiod plants from Hybrids from Hell in Denmark. they've been bred for the far north for many years it sounds like. I don't know what makes them tick but they sure can take the weather. There was a bit of BR on the seeded ones, as if the seeding compromised their defenses. This strain was mainly for breeding purposes to cross with other strains for toughness so we'll see how that works out. it's not known for stellar bud but it looks like it will produce ok. I've just got one unfertilized female, the one in the pic. Haven't really tested it.:pass: It's just fun to grow a plant that isn't so unhappy:smoking:

Jraven, Bro the Canna really are impressive how they cope with the climate and rain. Summer is /used to be wet here, showery with the south east winds, occasional flooding, as usuall scenery in your part of the world is stunning :d5::pass:
Thanks smokey, it is amazing how our plants can put up with so much:cool1:
Summers wet here, this one has been dry and we needed a good rain. Just been grey and drizzly....First time the creek has been up in months.

They sure Jraven mate ! Yes it has changed here in the last few summers Januray tends to be drier now, but March has always been the wettest month here, so with the guerilla photo, she wil have to start flowering after March. May was like that here drizzly and dull, winter was much like most winters here mostly sunny, not huge amounts of rain

Outside Monk is still loving life, I sheltered her minimally from the worst of it but otherwise she's OD. She's got fluffy buds to contend with the weather :thumbsup:
DSCN5507.JPG

then we have the Leb27 two in a 10g pot. That's Z6 on the left
DSCN5511.JPG

Back