Jraven's Alaska Summer 2018

Man j I know its incredible hard work, but I would give a left nut to have your job!! You have the most beautiful office in the world!! cheers
By the way man I consider the restaurant business very hard work! I've been there just a bit.
Yeah most of the watermen here on the Chesapeake bay are in there 60s and 70s. None of the younger generation wants to fish or crab or dredge for oysters
There still seems to be a few young folks taking up this fishery, mostly kids who grew up around it. It's also one of the very few gigs available here, so if they want to live here it's kind of the main game. It's true here too though that the fleet is greying

By the way man I consider the restaurant business very hard work! I've been there just a bit.

There still seems to be a few young folks taking up this fishery, mostly kids who grew up around it. It's also one of the very few gigs available here, so if they want to live here it's kind of the main game. It's true here too though that the fleet is greying
Yeah restaurant biz and cheffin is hard, hot and stressful. and im also getting to old for it normal day is 11-14 hrs, but its the only thing I can make good money at. I only plan to cook for another 2 years or so:pass:

Here's a towboat with a barge load of calcium carbonate, mined nearby

DSCN4443_1.jpg

Last edited:
"Mr. Peabody's coal train done hauled it away."

Love the DG buds, very consistent with what mine did. How's the smell?

Thanks GG that song belongs here lol. That's a favorite.
Very stinky! Hoping to get home today and see how the drying is going.

I get a few hours at home today. Our king salmon season is over and the cohos haven't showed very good yet so we're going to do other stuff for a couple days.
Grey and rainy here today, it's @56F in the greenhouse...pretty typical on a non-sunny day. Only the 1 gallon soft pots are thirsty, but will check the others too. that's one problem with the low light conditions, the plants don't drink much so don't get fed. The soil in the bigger pots is holding out though, those plants don't seem to be suffering too bad other than what I believe was a lack of nitrogen from the start.
Will see about getting some pics :pass:

P_20180709_143855.jpg
Here's a fish picture. 18 pound king salmon, amazingly worth @160$ at the dock. :cooldance:We didn't get all that many of course, if it was easy they wouldn't be so precious :smoking:

And a few plant pics. First is a self topped bubba trouble @32"x 30". The bubbas look to be top producers here
P_20180715_121819.jpg

Here is dutch passion Brooklyn Sunrise, another good potential yield for a gallon pot. I have a couple more of these that did not get as much time under the lights and they have stayed pretty small.
P_20180715_121237.jpg

And here is the other self -topped bubba, smaller but nice buds coming
P_20180715_115931.jpg

Here are the photoperiod plants looking real fine, still waiting for gender ID.
P_20180715_120214.jpg

These are some of the DP and Dinafem white widow CBD strains, they've all stayed small but look to be fairly fat in the bud
P_20180715_115907.jpg

Fastberry and DP blueberry pretty close to harvest
P_20180715_115529.jpg

Was hoping to find one or two of the older gals ready for harvest but no luck. I'm smoking the Double Grape uncured it's nice...stoney and relaxing but a bit cerebral for bedtime lol, it was cut on the early side.The scent is coming out nice after a week or so in a jar with a boveda pack.

Back