Jraven's Alaska Summer 2018

OH yes how could i forget to tell this awesome story. So last year we go to my buddies cabin in the north. He buys this underwater camera for icefishing. We spot a few fish here and there, but visibility is terrible and you can see only a few feet. Anyways, the camera start shaking all over the place and we realize that a fish has the camera in its jaws. The camera gets shaken about for a minute or so(while my buddy filmed the cameras screen on his phone). So the fish drops the camera, you see it swim a few feet away and then turn right at the camera for one last attack. And there is me in the background "Its a ling, its a f'ing ling, I can't believe it!"
Crazy!...yep those ling cod are beasts. In the saltwater I don't how big they can get I've had them 6' long though, the head is gigantic

The restaurants name is the oval room it is a stone throw from the White House. I was only there as Exec Chef for a year but enjoyed it. Changed menu daily, which was 80% seafood

OH yes how could i forget to tell this awesome story. So last year we go to my buddies cabin in the north. He buys this underwater camera for icefishing. We spot a few fish here and there, but visibility is terrible and you can see only a few feet. Anyways, the camera start shaking all over the place and we realize that a fish has the camera in its jaws. The camera gets shaken about for a minute or so(while my buddy filmed the cameras screen on his phone). So the fish drops the camera, you see it swim a few feet away and then turn right at the camera for one last attack. And there is me in the background "Its a ling, its a f'ing ling, I can't believe it!"
That's awesome skelly

That reminds me...when I first started trolling here I saw a few boats with shark heads or ling cod head displayed in the rigging. I got a big ling head and hoisted it up to air dry aloft, and a few days later maggots starting raining down on deck. Ma made me get rid of it:smoking:

Crazy!...yep those ling cod are beasts. In the saltwater I don't how big they can get I've had them 6' long though, the head is gigantic

OH cool!! Yeah the freshwater ones dont get super big around here, i think the record is 20 something pounds....not big, but what a scrap and great table fare!!

That reminds me...when I first started trolling here I saw a few boats with shark heads or ling cod head displayed in the rigging. I got a big ling head and hoisted it up to air dry aloft, and a few days later maggots starting raining down on deck. Ma made me get rid of it:smoking:
:crying::crying:

Hahahahahaha "ma made me get rid of it" :D Hey those maggots would have made good chum!! ;)

Man j I know its incredible hard work, but I would give a left nut to have your job!! You have the most beautiful office in the world!! cheers
Yes, it's hard work and we are getting a little old for it. Really no option but to poke away at it as long as we can. No pension, no benefits. That being said I do feel lucky and honored to have been here in this beautiful place doing it :worship:

Yes, it's hard work and we are getting a little old for it. Really no option but to poke away at it as long as we can. No pension, no benefits. That being said I do feel lucky and honored to have been here in this beautiful place doing it :worship:
Yeah most of the watermen here on the Chesapeake bay are in there 60s and 70s. None of the younger generation wants to fish or crab or dredge for oysters

Back